Farnsworth Banks, Back Side Catalina
Farnsworth Banks, Backside Catalina Island
One of SoCal's Best Dive Sites
Hydrocoral, Torpedo rays, Beautiful Reefs and More
Sunday, July 21, 2019 - $159 on the Pacific Star
Sign up through Bluewater Dive Travel!
Experience one of Southern California's best dive sites. You can see beautiful reefs of purple hydrocoral, torpedo rays, moral eels and wolf eels, sea lions, clear water, and large schools of fish. Weather permitting, we'll dive Farnsworth Banks twice and do one shallow reef dive on the island.
** Advanced Dive Trip: AOW cert required and we recommend you have at least 50 local dives, the top of the pinnacle is at 50ft, and there can be currents**
- Board the boat the night before in San Pedro and sleep on the boat; boat leaves at 6AM in the morning
- Bring all your scuba gear, including tanks & weights (contact us for tank rentals, limited number available)
- Nitrox available for an extra cost on the boat
- Food and air fills included, but bring a full tank to start
- Here are the directions to the boat
- All dives sites are weather permitting. If we can't get to the backside we will hit up some advanced front side dive sites.
Diver swimming through purple hydrocoral
Torpedo rays are plentiful at Farnsworth banks, usually at 80 - 110ft depth
Wolf eel in the open
Garibaldis laying eggs
**If we can't dive Farnsworth we'll aim for some other great backside sites or advanced front side sites**
About the Boat:
- The Pacific Star is a 65 X 22 foot dive vessel
- The bunk room holds 6 single bunks and 6 double bunks in 5 private staterooms and 8 single bunks and 4 double bunks in a common sleeping area, all with privacy curtains and reading lights
- It pumps both air and nitrox.
Bring your own gear, or make sure you rent from a local shop ahead of time -- If needed, the boat can provide tanks, or you can rent an underwater camera from Bluewater Photo - just ask!
Why Dive with Bluewater:
Our trips are geared towards the underwater photographer. We aim to dive the best sites for photography, weather dependent. There are NO students on board, NO hunting and NO oversold boats. Come dive with us for a very enjoyable day on the water in SoCal!