La Paz Underwater Photo Workshop Oct/Nov 2021
La Paz 2021 Photography Workshop
Big animals, reefs & wrecks with Mobula Ray night dives.
- 25% off rental photo gear from Bluewater Photo
- Daily photo workshops
- Best time to dive La Paz: warm water, great visibility and whale shark season
- Great big animal action: sea lions, whale sharks, mobula rays and huge schools of fish
- Great wrecks & macro opportunity with various nudibranchs, frogfish, blennies, and much more
- Spacious rooms with great amenities (free WiFi, fitness center, bar, pool, etc) at Hyatt Place La Paz
- "Bluewater helped me out when I needed it most, the airline wouldn't let me board because of a Visa issue. They saved my butt"
- Great support if flight/weather issues occur
- Gear discounts and other benefits
- We book resorts/ liveaboards that offer the best overall value
Daily photo workshops and image reviews
Roundtrip airport transfers from Cabo San Lucas (SJD) or La Paz (LAP)
7 nights accommodation in a standard room at Hyatt Place La Paz with daily breakfast buffet
5 days of 3 tank boat dives
1 day of 2 tank boat dive plus night dive with mobula rays
Option to substitute one afternoon dive with an afternoon whale shark snorkel if the season is opened by authorities
- Lunch and drinks on dive days aboard the dive boat
- 6 days park entrance fees
- Private Boats ( ISABELLA )
- Dive master during the diving days
- Nitrox & 100psi tank (USD 12 per tank)
- Full Rental Scuba gear (USD 35 per day)
- Meals not listed in inclusions
- Travel Insurance: click here to learn more about our preferred plan
Daily Photo Workshops
Workshops will be given daily on topics such as wide-angle underwater photography, ambient light shots, snorkeling with large animals, strobe exposure and positions, avoiding backscatter, and composition. Underwater instruction with our photo instructor is also possible upon request.
Big animal action like never before! Watch sea lions, cormorants, sea lions, and huge schools of fish before your very eyes. Get in the water with multiple whale sharks and interact with playful sea lions. See hundreds of mobula rays feed during a very unique night dive. Potential to see turtles, mobula rays, octopus, giant morays, dolphins, beautiful nudibranchs, giant jawfish, frogfish, stunning blennies and seahorses. This is the best time to dive La Paz, with warm water, great visibility, and whale sharks.
Guest can fly into La Paz Airport (LAP) or Los Cabos International Airport (SJD). Transfers to the hotel are included for arrival into either airport, but if you arrive into SJD, you may have to wait for the next transfer time (SJD is further from the hotel, so guests will be picked up in groups). Guests arriving into LAP will be picked up individually upon arrival for transfer to the hotel.
Daily pick-ups are at 8:00 am for diving. The time out on the water each day can vary depending on how close the dive sites are, but generally, you will be back to the hotel by 3:00 pm. Workshop sessions and image reviews are generally held upon returning from the dive boat.
Newly constructed, the Hyatt Place is located a short 5 minutes from the dive boat. Located right on the water, the Hyatt Place is within walking distance to multiple restaurants and also has a free shuttle to downtown La Paz to even more restaurant options. The rooms are very spacious and feature a modern design.
- Fitness center
- Restaurant on site
- All-day dining
- Pet friendly
- Free Wi-Fi
- Meeting facilities
- 24/7 Gym
Nirupam Nigam is a dedicated underwater photographer and fisheries scientist. While growing up in Los Angeles he fell in love with the ocean and pursued underwater photography in the local Channel Islands. He received degrees in Aquatic and Fisheries Science and General Biology, as well as a minor in Arctic Studies, at the University of Washington. Now he works as a fisheries observer on boats in the Bering Sea and North Pacific. When he is not at sea, he is traveling with his fiancee and taking photos. As the Editor-in-Chief of the Underwater Photography Guide, Nirupam is one of the world's few full-time underwater photography editors. You can get in touch with him at email@example.com or through his website www.photosfromthesea.com
$800 due to confirm
Balance due August 1, 2021.
WEBINAR DISCUSSION ABOUT THE TRIP
Call us today at +1-310-915-6677 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
And let us book your dream vacation!