Sea & Sea Nikon D7100 Underwater Housing MDX-D7100
Read our excellent Sea & Sea D7100 housing review
Part # SS-06167
Sea & Sea D7100 Housing Features:
D7100 housing support for internal TTL converter - The new Sea & Sea Optical YS Converter N can be built into the housing! The Sea & Sea Nikon D71000 housing is fully compatible with new Sea & Sea Optical YS Converter N (#50126) which converts the camera’s TTL signal to a light signal. Both TTL and manual strobe photography is possible using a fiber-optic cable
New Port lock system allows port & lens changes without opening the housing - Sea & Sea has re-designed their port lock, and it can be now activated from outside the housing. The housing is also equipped with a ‘lens-lock release’ button which allows the lens to be replaced without opening the housing. The port lock can also be activated from inside like previous SEA&SEA housings.
Additional Sea & Sea MDX-D7100 Housing Features:
- The D7100 housing is equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets. External strobes like the Sea & Sea YS-D1 can be triggered as ‘slave units’ by the built-in flash.
- Every detail of the housing is precision machined. The housing is protected by a highly corrosion resistant anodized coating. All edges have been polished carefully for perfection.
- The MDX-D7100 housing controls all the Nikon D7100 essential functions underwater. Note - the Bracketing button, preview button and function button are not operable from the housing.
- The multi selector (which is often used underwater) is the same design as the camera control and can be operated in the same way. AF areas and Focus points can be changed by depressing the selector. The multi selector control is located so that it is accessible with your hand on the grip.
- The camera's built-in flash can be raised and lowered from the housing. (When the accessory light-shielding plate is fixed, this function cannot be used).
- Housing is equipped with Accessory Port which can be used for HDMI output.
- The grip design has been significantly improved with the travelling diver in mind. The grips are mounted with threadless fixings to facilitate easy transportation, mounting and removal of the grips. The new design also alleviates corrosion build up around the fittings. All fixings are available as spare parts.
- Fitted with a tripod socket on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other (optional) interchangeable viewfinders can be used, like the 45 degree and 180 degree viewfinders.
- The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove from the housing.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water entering the housing.
- A depth rating of 100m / 330ft makes the MDX-D7100 underwater housing ideal for tech diving.
Note - the MDX-D7100 comes standard with fiber optic connections. Optional Sync Cord Connectors are available. External strobe(s) or the YS Converter/N can be used with either a fiber-optic cable, or by installing the optional Sync Cord 2-pin Connector (#50122) or Optional YS Converter / N 5-pin Connector (#50123).
Sea & Sea Nikon D7100 Housing Specs:
- Construction: Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined) / Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy.
- Depth rating: 100m/330ft.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 341 x 192 x 136mm / 13.4 x 7.6 x 5.4 inches
- Weight: Approx. 2,700g / 94.5oz.
Nikon D7100 Underwater Photos:
Awesome color and dynamic range from the D7100, photo from Anilao, Philippines with a UV light