Recsea GF2 housing
The Panasonic GF2 is a competitor to the Olympus E-PL2 and E-PL3, and it accepts the same lenses. The auto-focus on this camera is very fast, and the Recsea housing is exceptional. It's very small, very ergonomic and some pros are starting to use this tiny setup as an alternative to larger dSLR systems that have more drag underwater, especially when a lot of swimming and/or snorkeling has to be done. The complete system is a great value for what you are getting.
One of the main reasons people go for a mirrorless setup is the smaller size. This is where the Recsea GF2 setup really delivers, regardless of the lens, and is one of the reasons this is our best quality choice.
We recommend the GF2 over the GF3, because Panasonic actually took away several important features to make the GF3 smaller and simpler. The GF2 is small and simple enough - and without a doubt should be chosen over the GF3.
For the smallest possible high-performance mirrorless camera setup in a high-end aluminum housing, the Recsea GF2 is a clear choice.
Recsea GF2 Features
* Sturdy precision machined corrosion resistant aluminum and polycarbonate body.
* Compact and lightweight with depth rating of 60 meters (200 feet).
* Dual Back Cover O-rings and dual Port to Lens Port O-ring system.
* Wide range of Lens Ports, Focus Gears, and supported optional accessories.
* The housing allows complete control over all camera functions
* Mount adapters are available for 67mm and ST mounts
* All ports sold separately and are not included with the housing
Recsea GF2 Product Video
Recsea GF2 Specifications:
* Compatible Camera: PANASONIC LUMIX GF2
* Maximum Depth: 60 meters (200 feet)
* Material: Main Body - Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy, Anodized. Levers, Dials, Buttons - POM, PC. Monitor - Hard Coat Acrylic; Screws, Springs - Stainless Steel, Galvanized
* Size (Housing): Approx. 158mm X 77mm X 100mm
* Weight (Housing): Land approx. 690g (Body only); Fresh Water approx. 320g (with Lumix GF2 Camera and 45mm Macro Lens Port)
Ports are available for the following lenses:
You can select your choice of port on the drop-down menu above, or add them to your cart on the following links:
Olympus micro-four thirds lenses will all work on the Panasonic GF2 also, and should also function well in these ports. These ports are the same ports for the Recsea GF1 housing.
Recsea GF2 Packages
- Housing + GF2 camera $1,949.95
- Housing + 14-45mm port, zoom ring $2,499
- Housing + 14-45mm port, zoom ring, Ys-01 strobe package $3,225
Housing + GF2 camera + 14-45mm port, zoom ring, Ys-01 strobe package $3,625
About the Panasonic GF2 camera:
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- Ultra-small - smallest micro 4/3rds camera
- Sensitivity from ISO 100 – 6400
- Touch screen interface
- 1920 x 1080/60i video (Full HD) in AVCHD at 17 Mbps (shot at 30P using segmented frame)
- Hot shoe
- Built-in flash
460,000 pixel 3-inch lcd
Electronic viewfinder is available
We dive with our products all the time. Please call the Bluewater Photo team at 310-633-5052 with any questions, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org