Looking for a Nikon D7000 underwater housing? The Sea & Sea MDX-D7000 housing is a superb choice! The ergonomics of the Sea & Sea D80, D300 and D300s housings were just perfect, and this housing is even better - with a perfect grip, excellent controls and an easy to use port system. You will be impressed!
Sea & Sea D7000 Housing features:
- D7000 Housing is precision CNC machined from solid block aluminum.
- Ergonomically designed for ease of use and for complete control of D7000 functions underwater.
- Protected by a highly corrosion resistant anodized coating.
- SEA&SEA Port lock system prevents an attached port from loosening while in use.
- Dual locking latches to prevent accidental release of housing back.
- Housing includes two fiber optic cable sockets
- One sync cord connector (optional)
- Built-in Leak sensor flashes red if moisture is detected.
- MDX-D7000 Construction: Body: Corrosion-resistant machined aluminum alloy anodized body
- Grip: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (die-cast)
- Part #SS-06156
- Depth rating: 100m/ 330ft
Nice extras include control of the flash-bracketing functionality, and the shooting mode dial (single shot, low-speed continuous, high-speed continuous shooting). Read more about the Nikon D7000 camera in our review here.
Get great high-speed TTL with the TTL converter
We highly recommend getting a Sea & Sea TTL converter or Ikelite TTL converter with this housing. Optical TTL can slow down your shooting, because you have to wait for the camera's flash to be ready again. With an electrical sync cord, you can shoot as fast as your strobes can recycle. It is the best way to shoot action.
TTL is perfect with the S&S converter and the YS-D1, YS-110a or YS-250 strobes. With the Ikelite TTL converter, you'll want the DS-160 or DS-161 strobes.
Here's a video showing the Sea & Sea D7000 underwater housing
Check out some sample shots from this set-up!
We dive with our products all the time - especially Sea & Sea dSLR housings. Please call the Bluewater Photo team at 310-633-5052 with any questions, or email us at email@example.com