YS-D1 strobe package now shipping! This is a hot item
The YS-D1 Strobe Package is the best combination of a top-of-the-line strobe with an arm and tray. The YS-D1 strobe has plenty of output. Ultralight Control System components are designed for sturdy and flexible strobe positioning. Use with a compact camera to bring color to underwater photos.
Read Scott's excellent YS-D1 strobe review
- Sea & Sea YS-D1 Strobe
- Sea & Sea fiber optic cable
- Ultralight Tray
- Ultralight handle
- Ultralight 5" arm
- 2 Ultralight new-style clamps
Brand of Arms and Clamps
Ultralight Control System brand arms, trays, handles and clamps are used. This is the highest quality arms and clamps available, made in the USA. These parts will not rust, break, and will last a lifetime. We highly caution you not to go cheap with these kinds of parts! If you upgrade your system down the road, you will most likely reuse all of the parts.
Sea & Sea YS-D1 STROBE features
- This strobe will have a range of guide numbers from 1 to 32
- The beam angle is 80 degrees, and a 1-stop diffuser brings it to 100 degrees. We recommend using it with the 100 degree diffuser.
- With the 100 defree diffuser, it is up to +1 stop stronger than an Inon Z240, and +1 2/3rds stops stronger than the YS-110a.
- Roughly the size of the YS-110a, but has about 25% more power.
- Uses the new Sea & Sea DS-TTL II slave system. TTL works great with many cameras such as the Nikon D7000.
- The first slave strobe with an EV control function. You can actually change the exposure up or down 1.5 stops when shooting in optical TTL mode
- The strobe has a built in LED modeling light, and features both a sync cord connection and a fiber optic connection.
- Recycle time is 1.9 seconds on full power, much less when slightly less than full power.
YS-D1 sample photos
F22, ISO 100, 1/250th, Nikon d7000 camera, taken in Anilao
We dive with our products all the time. Please call the Bluewater Photo team at 310-633-5052 with any questions, or email us at email@example.com