Sea & Sea YS-D1 Strobe
On sale limited time $70 off
This is a hot item, highly recommended!
The highly anticipated YS-D1 strobe is the latest strobe from Sea & Sea, this is the most versatile and highest performing strobe they have ever produced. This is a hot item - a must have for most underwater photographers. Smaller than the YS-110a, and much more powerful, with a price of only $699!
Read Scott's YS-D1 strobe review on the Underwater Photography Guide
Sea & Sea YS-D1 STROBE features
- This strobe will have a range of guide numbers from 1 to 32
- The beam angle is 80 degrees, and a 1-stop diffuser brings it to 100 degrees. We recommend using it with the 100 degree diffuser.
- With the 100 defree diffuser, it is up to +1 stop stronger than an Inon Z240, and +1 2/3rds stops stronger than the YS-110a.
- Roughly the size of the YS-110a, but has about 25% more power.
- Uses the new Sea & Sea DS-TTL II slave system. TTL works great with many cameras such as the Nikon D7000.
- The first slave strobe with an EV control function. You can actually change the exposure up or down 1.5 stops when shooting in optical TTL mode
- The strobe has a built in LED modeling light, and features both a sync cord connection and a fiber optic connection.
- Recycle time is 1.9 seconds on full power, much less when slightly less than full power.
- Includes Ball Mount to easily mount to Sea & Sea or Ultralight ball and clamp style arms.
YS-D1 Strobe Product Video
YS-D1 sample images
Photo taken with the YS-D1 strobe. F22, ISO 100, 1/250th, Nikon D7000