Nauticam Nikon D4/D4S Underwater Housing
Nikon recently re-did the flagship professional dSLR camera, the Nikon D4. Improving low light / high ISO performance, improved image and video quality, faster auto focus and over all improved performance both during and after image capture.
The camera body is identical to the original Nikon D4 camera, so users who already have that housing can upgrade cameras without a problem. However, since a few years have past since the original D4 housing was released, Nauticam has upgraded the housing, including several of the new features such as included ball mounts and vacuum electronics. Both Nikon D4 and D4s will work in this housing.
Nauticam D4S Housing, Quick Specs:
- All camera controls are accessible, easy to use ergonomic control placement
- Available in a version with 2 x Nikonos Bulkhead for Sync cords, or no bulkhead for use with fiber optic cables and the Nauticam Flash Trigger
- Includes Nauticam Vacuum Check system electronics (Vacuum Bulkhead & Pump are extra)
- Secure and easy to use port lock system
- Additional M16 port for vacuum system
- Lightweight, yet sturdy molded grips included
- New style rubberized zoom / focus control
- High quality machined aluminum
- Depth Rated to 100M
- Weight: 3.7kg
- Dimensions: 326mm x 171mm x 126mm
Nauticam D4S Housing:
The new D4S housing includes the vacuum system electronics, and when the optimal valve is added, the system provides significant peace-of-mind and lets the shooter focus on shooting, not worrying about the housing. A new M16 bulkhead port is added to the rear half of the housing to support the vacuum system.
Other improvements include lightweight handle brackets, improved galvanic protection, new style focus knobs with higher gear ratio, and 3 standard sized tripod sockets. The housing also features an integrated reflective prism to facilitate the use of the new Flash Trigger for Nikon.
The NA-D4S supports both the D4S and the D4 cameras. The NA-D4S comes in two different configurations, one with 2 Nikonos Bulkheads installed (for shooters utilizing Nikonos style sync cables) and a version without the bulkheads (for shooters utilizing the Flash Trigger).
All Nauticam housings are machined from a solid block of seawater resistant aluminum alloy and then hard anodized making them impervious to corrosion. Hardware is marine grade stainless steel. Clear acrylic windows are protected with a scratch resistant coating.