Recsea Sony RX100 underwater housing
- Works great with macro and wide-angle lenses
- Large front control ring like the Recsea S100
- No vignetting with fisheye lenses! No vignetting with the WA-110!
- Great rear control dial pad; new control pad design gives you unprecented accurate control of the wheel functions
- Supports 2 fiber optic connections
- Access to all controls, including both control rings
- Tiny, tiny housing!!!
About the Sony RX100
- 3x the sensor size as most other high-end compacts, 20 megapixel sensor
- Supports TTL in manual mode
- Use your strobes at high shutter speeds
- Very small in size (basically a copy of the Canon S95/S100)
- TTL works GREAT with the YS-D1 strobe, even in manual mode!
Recsea RX-100 features:
- Compact and durable, precision machined corrosion-resistant aluminum housing.
- Lightweight, designed to withstand depths of 80 meters (262 feet).
- Fixed Lens Port, takes wet-mount macro and fisheye lenses
- Original Secure-Latch locking mechanism for easy opening and closing.
- Very nice front Port Control Ring
- Rear Control Dial with excellent ergonomics
- Half-Press Shutter Trigger for precise camera shutter control.
- Double-wide O-Ring and Back Cover contact surface for added protection at greater depths.
- Full camera function control.
- Includes: Diffuser, Strobe Mask-External Strobe Connection Mount, Hand Strap, Spare O-Ring, O-Ring Removal Pick, O-Ring Grease
Recsea RX-100 Specs:
- Maximum Depth 80 meters (262 feet)
- Material Main Body: Corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum alloy
- Lever, Buttons, Dials: POM, PC, AL
- Monitor, Lens: Hard Coat Acrylic
- Screws & Springs: made of galvanized Stainless Steel
- Housing Dimensions: W133mm x D101mm xH88mm
- Weight: Approx. 640g (Land) / 230g (In fresh water with camera)
Recsea RX-100 wet lens tests
- See the complete RX-100 wet lens test results
- UWL-04 fisheye lens - Ultra-wide photos, no vignetting, very sharp
- Bluewater photo WA-110 lens - very wide photos (110 degrees), no vignetting, very sharp
- Bluewater +7 macro lens - very good magnification with one lens, excellent supermacro with 2 lenses stacked
Recsea RX-100 underwater photo
Photo of Bluewater Photo owner Scott's son Ryan, taken with the Recsea Housing, UWL-04 fishyeye lens. We are very impressed with the dynamic range of this camera, and the photos with the fisheye lens were extremely sharp, with no vignetting.
Video Review of the Recsea Housing for the RX-100 Camera
Video Commentary on the Sony RX-100 camera
Sony RX100 Underwater Photos
Sony RX100 in Recsea housing, with strobe at F7, 1/250, ISO 200
Sony RX100 in Recsea housing, with strobe at F8, 1/125, ISO 200