Snoot Buyer's Guide
A snoot is a device or a tube which is meant to narrow down the beam of light in order to highlight your subject. Underwater photographers also employ this creative tool to produce very striking and creative photos. The snoot provides light on a small area thus making the subject pop out and create a dramatic black background. Contact our sales team for expert advice and a custom quote for your underwater photography kit.
SNOOT OPTIONS FOR UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY:
*Highest Quality with Multiple Devices*
The Retra Light Shaping Device is the ultimate snoot for strobes. It not only narrows the beam of light it also bends the light and focuses to a smaller diameter. The long tube has glass lenses which provides a bright and clean light. It also features a mask set which produces different sized cut outs for creative results. The focus light on your strobe can be used as a guide light which helps in aiming.
- The lens optics of the snoot produces clean and bright beam
- Multiple light shaping option via creative mask kit
- Various strobe mounts available for many popular strobes.
- Larger footprint, heavier and costs more compared to other snoots.
Reefnet Fiber Optic Snoot
*Flexible for Quick & Easy Aiming, Choose 1 or 2 Light Points*
The Reefnet Fiber Optic Snoot has a simple yet very effective design. It is built from a 3D printed strobe mount with locline arms and fiber optics. It uses a large bunch of packed fiber optics which provides more light transmission. The flexible arms are also an advantage for easy and quick aiming. In addition, an optional second arm can be attached which gives you the versatility of having two light sources which gives more creative options.
- supports up to two flexible arms which gives you options of have more points of light.
- Fiber optics provides good light transmission
- Compact and Lightweight
- No electronics and durable
- No aiming or guide light
*Laser Guided Aiming for Superior Accuracy*
The 10Bar Snoot is made from machined aluminum material which also features a guiding laser to provides great accuracy when shooting. The diameter of the snoot can be adjusted by unscrewing the small tube from the body. It is also lightweight and easy to travel with.
- Easy to aim with its laser guide
- Adjustable diameter of light beam
- Easy to travel with
- Afforable price
- Batteries are required for the laser guiding system.
*Compact & Lightweight, Versitile, Affordable *
The Kraken Snoot Light is a very versitle snoot. The removable tip can be detached and the light can be used as a focus light. The light is also compact which can illuminate subjects even in tight spaces.
- Can also be used as a focus light when the removable tip is detached
- Can be hand-held
- Compact and lightweight
- Long burn time
USEFUL WET LENSES RESOURCES:
- Snoot Showdown
- Retra LSD Video Review
- Reefnet Fiber Optic Snoot Video Review
- 10Bar Snoot Video Review