Aquatica Panasonic GH4 Underwater Housing
The Aquatica AGH4 housing is built with quality materials and craftsmanship, it is designed and machined with the Panasonic LUMIX DMC GH4 in mind from the onset. All of the vital controls that are required while shooting have been conveniently located so as not to restrict your creative flow. This housing is manufactured and carefully studied to insure that the controls are not only accessible, but also comfortable to use, in all kinds of diving conditions.
Aquatica GH4 Recommended Lenses & Ports
- Choose your port in the "Add a Port" section above
- Panasonic 8mm fisheye in the Aquatica glass 4-inch dome
- Panasonic 7-14mm lens for ultra-wide angle, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Olympus 9-18mm lens for wide-angle, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Panasonic 12-35mm lens for great video, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Olympus 12-40mm lens for wide-angle & fish, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Olympus 12-50mm lens for fish, mid-range, portraits in the Aquatica SW8 dome port or in the Aquatica macro port 30207
- Olympus 60mm macro for exceptional macro shooting in the Aquatica macro port 30207
Aquatica GH4 Housing Features
ISO Control: ISO is a key control for video exposure, and Aquatica has put its access lever exactly at the right location, essentially putting it under your right thumb, this lever being at right place means you have quick access to this control, without removing your hand from the grip.
On the left side, right above and forward of this non obstructive latch, one will find the zoom/focus control knob, it’s position allows it to be rotated with the tips of your fingers, it is setup with a silky smooth gearing ratio that will ensure a smooth transition when zooming or manually focusing a lens.
Comprehensive port system: The AGH4 housing uses the already established 4/3 Micro series of ports and accessories; Aquatica is renowned for the quality of its optics and this is no exception to the rule, every lens supported by Aquatica is evaluated on an optical bench, and from the data gathered, we can determine the best port to use and, if required, the extension ring length that will match the optical center of the dome to that of the lens. This all important step is necessary if one wants to extract the maximum optical performance possible from a lens and port combination.
The 4/3 Micro series ports includes the dedicated 4”/100mm Fisheye dome port, the SW8 super wide angle dome port and two flat ports for macro lenses, along with port extensions, the port system will support all desirable Micro 4/3 lenses for underwater photography.
Aquatica GH4 Viewfinder Options:The AGH4 housing comes with our standard state of the art Galileo optic viewfinder. The Aqua View 180 or Aqua View 45 finders can be installed, without any specialized tools, in a matter of minutes. Both of these are recognized as the best in the industry. These finder enhance your viewing experience, providing you with a clear sharp image of your camera finder that will be easier to critically focus and compose.
GH4 Housing Construction: Like all current Aquatica housing currently made, the shell is milled from a solid block of 6061 T6 aeronautical grade aluminum, black anodized to a military specification and then, for further protection, a resistant polyester electrostatic powder coating is applied and baked on. This process ensures that your investment will last you a life time.
Push buttons pins and control shafts are machined out of the finest grade of stainless steel, every component used in an Aquatica housing undergoes a series of stringent quality controls insuring that they respect our strict tolerance.
Aquatica GH4 Specification:
- Depth Rating: 90m/300ft (upgradeable to 130m/425ft)
- Height: 6’’
- Depth: 3.75’’
- Width: 7.140’’ (without grip attached)
- With grips: 11.2’’ (with grips attached)
- Quick removal camera tray
- Ergonomically optimized for diving conditions
- Oversized knurled controls knobs
- Sturdy comfortable grips
- Extended shutter release
- Port lock mechanism
- Lens release mechanism
- Standard high quality Galileo optical eyepiece
- Dual sacrificial anodes (front and rear mounted)
- Aquatica GH4 O-ring Kit - its always essential to have a spare o-ring when going on dive trips.
- Aquatica Vacuum Valve and Pump