The Canon 5D Mark IV camera has been making waves of interest since it was announced last August 2016. Canon made significant upgrades from its predecessor, the 5D Mark III. The camera delivers excellent full-frame image quality with its 30.4 megapixel CMOS sensor and its new dual-pixel autofocus technology. It also offers its new DIGIC 6+ processor, 4K video, 61 AF points (41 cross-type), touch panel LCD, and enhanced high ISO performance.
Below are the housings that we recommend, use this guide to help you choose which would suit your needs. You can also call or email us anytime to discuss options.
Canon 5D Mark IV Key Upgrades
- New 30.4-megapixel CMOS sensor
- New DIGIC 6+ image processor
- New Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- New Dual Pixel Raw Format
- Revised AF System
- Expanded Sensitivity
- 4K Video
- Capture images from video
- Burst shooting
- Upgraded LCD screen
- Touch Control
- New metering sensor
Canon 5D Mark IV Complete Specs
- 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 6+ image processor
- Dual-pixel AF sensor and continuous servo AF for stills
- AF point: 61 points (41 cross-type)
- Dual Pixel RAW recording (image microadjustment & bokeh shift capabilities)
- ISO: 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400
- Continuous shooting: 7 frames / sec.
- 4K video recording at 30fps (motion jpeg, DCI standard), Full HD at 60fps (All-I), HD at 120 fps (All-I)
- 150,000-pixel RGB + IR metering sensor
- 1.62M dot 3.2" touch LCD
- Anti-flicker mode
- Interval timer (finally, thank you Canon! :- )
- Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi · NFC connection
- Media: SDXC / SDHC / SD (UHS-I enabled), CompactFlash
- The main terminal: USB 3.0, Mini-HDMI
- Size: 116mm X 151mm X 76mm
- Weight: 890g
Read our Review on the Underwater Photography Guide.
The Aquatica housing is built from aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel alloy which provides utmost protection for your camera. They have also designed it to be compact and lightweight. It also includes the Surveyor Monitoring System which acts as your moisture alarm with an option to add the vacuum valve. All controls are also accessible from the housing.
Aquatica 5D Mark IV Housing Features:
- Exceptionally good and ergonomic control placement.
- All controls remain accessible in all dive conditions,either cold or warm, gloves or not.
- Well established and proven system of ports, extensions and accessories to meet your personal lens preferences.
- Secure port locking system and easy access lens release button.
- Quick and simple installation of enhanced viewfinders; no special tools required.
- The comfortable and sturdy hand grips and is also extendable for larger or gloved hands.
- Precise camera mounting via a quick release camera tray with angled rear LCD positioning.
- Two (2) entry point for accessories such as HDMI monitors, remote control or vacuum monitoringsystems.
- Eight (8) threaded standard 1/4''-20 holes, one located on top, three on the bottom and four on the grips, to mount strobe arms, brackets, tripods and a wide range of accessories.
- Depth rating options of 90m or 130m depth at no extra charge (factory installed).
Ikelite is offering 2 types of port system : Four-lock and Dry-Lock Port System.
Ikelite is offering 2 types of port system for the underwater housing for the Canon 5D Mark IV. The 2 significant difference between the four-lock and dry-lock port system are the o-ring placement on the port and the diameter of lens which can be used. Ikelite also used their new ABS-PC and Lexan material for the housing which provides strength, UV protection and corrosion-free performance. It also includes the tray with left handle and vacuum (pump sold separately).
Ikelite Canon 5D Mark IV Housing Features
- Offers 2 types of port system - Four-Lock and Dry-Lock Port System
- Important camera functions are accessible from the housing
- Large knobs and ergonomic button placement.
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately).
- Includes Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes
- Tray with left-hand quick release handle included.
Nauticam produces high quality aluminum housings, with full camera control. Nauticam has also reduced the size and weight. It has also an integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection system. Nauticam is also well known for creating a variety of useful accessories to pair with their housings for the ultimate underwater set up.
Nauticam Canon 5D Mark IV Housing Features
- All camera controls accessible and uses a multi-controller and piano keys
- Ergonomic controls with size, shape and color differentiation
- All controls clearly labeled
- Card access LED window which provides visibility when card is being accessed.
- TTL flash integration
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection
- Vacuum reset on the port mount
- Stainless steel brackets
- Rubberized grips
- Double thumb lever to access AF-On, Video Rec/Live View, Info, and Playback
- Fiber optic bulkhead
- M10 mounting ball
Depth Rating: 100m\
Weight: 2.91 kg
Dimensions: 358mm x 187mm x 135mm (W x H x D)
Sea & Sea has built their housing for the Canon 5D Mark IV from corrosion-resistant aluminum which provides great protection for your camera. They have also included the grips with the housing. They have also designed the housing to provide ergonomic control for the camera. In addition to that, they made the button labels glow in the dark which makes it easy to read even in low light conditions.
Sea & Sea Canon 5D Mark IV Housing Features
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which enables you to change your lens without opeing the housing
- Shutter release lever tension can be adjusted.Equipped with two (2) Fiber-Optic Cable Sockets
- Equipped with one (1) N-Type (2-pin) connector
- Equipped with two (2) Sacrificial Zinc Diodes (front/rear)
- Compatible with Optional VF45 and VF180 View Finders
- Built-In Leak Detector Sensor
- Body: Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum Alloy (machined)
- Grip: Corrosion-Resistant Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
- Depth Rating: 100m / 330ft
- Dim. (WxHxD): 341 x 198 x 141mm - 13.9 x 8.3 x 5.6inch
- Weight: Approx. 3,000g / 106oz (housing only)
- Compatible with SEA&SEA Strobes, Sea Arm 8, Fiber-Optic Cable II, Electronic Sync Cords, Leak Sentinel (Vacuum Pump System)
AquaTech housings are well known for their surf housings. It is built with polyurethane material and controls are made from stainless steel, aluminum, and high strength plastics. Essential camera controls are also accessible with the housing. Aquatech offers 2 types of housings for the Canon 5D Mark IV - Elite and Compac.
AquaTech 5D Mark IV Housing Features
- Housing is built from a durable polyurethane material
- Buttons are tactile using stainless steel, aluminum, and high strength plastics.
- Interchangable port system available.
- Quick Release clips with a safety latch
- Available flash bulkhead for attaching Aquatech Flash Housing
View our Canon 5D Mk IV Underwater Housing page.