+1 310-633-5052 firstname.lastname@example.org
Free shipping for orders over $200 in the USA, to all 50 states. Orders generally ship same day if ordered by 2PM PST. Low international shipping rates are available, just add the item to your cart and checkout to see rates.
* Includes a dome port for the Canon 18-55mm and Tokina 10-17mm lenses!
Since its introduction, the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 system has become one of the most popular DSLR systems under water. It's universally loved due to its size, weight, ease of use, and image quality. This updated version of the original housing includes the following new features:
TTL or "Through-The-Lens" flash metering means the camera controls flash duration to properly expose an image. Unlike fiber optic systems, which attempt to copy the behavior of the camera's built-in flash, this unique housing for the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 provides direct, electrical transmission of this TTL signal to the any current model Ikelite DS strobe.
Since the camera is talking directly to the strobe, the camera's built-in flash does not need to fire. This dramatically increases battery life and virtually eliminates the recycle lag, allowing the camera to be triggered in more rapid succession than with optical-based systems. When shooting a fast moving object, this make the difference between going home with the shot or just talking about it. Additionally, in-line communication between the strobe and the camera completely eliminates signal interference and false triggering caused by light rays bouncing off the water's surface or your buddy's flash going off.
The Ikelite-style electrical bulkhead is widely recognized as the most reliable waterproof strobe sync connection available.
Ikelite packed a lot in a small package, only slightly larger than the EOS 100D camera and just as comfortable to hold. Set up is a snap with simple, fully front-loaded camera installation. The camera mounting shoe is designed to be unobtrusive and allow changing of battery and memory cards, or attachment to a surface tripod without being removed from the camera. A smooth-action, sensitive shutter trigger is right at your fingertips whether holding the side of the housing or the optional dual tray with quick release handles. Controls are provided for all camera functions except for the rear touchscreen, so you have complete creative control anywhere you go.
The optional Single or Dual Tray with Quick Release Handles are now sold separately to prevent redundancy and benefit users who may be able to use trays from a previous system.
Ikelite's brand new ABS-PC blend provides strength and corrosion free performance year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light gray color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. We have eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
Please refer to Ikelite Port Chart
We dive with our products all the time. Please call the Bluewater Photo team at 310-633-5052 with any questions, or email us at email@example.com
I have been using the SL1/100D housing for about a month now and have a pretty good idea of how it works/doesn't work. I'll give my list of pros/cons:
1. Cost - a pretty important factor in most peoples' decision to buy something. Ikelite doesn't disappoint here when compared to other manufacturers.
2. Port - the included port works with both the kit lens and the Tokina 10-17mm...huge "pro" for someone as cheap as I am. The port for the 60mm Macro works perfectly and I have been very happy with the pics I've taken.
3. Build - the dependable Ikelite build quality that I've come to know...this is my fourth Ikelite housing.
1. Ergonomics - coming from a Recsea housing, the buttons aren't exactly the most user friendly, requiring a little more effort to work compared to the Recsea I was used to working. That being said, as a former Ikelite housing user, I was expecting this so it wasn't a complete nuisance.
2. Using the Tokina 10-17mm with the stock port...yes, it works. Ikelite says minimal vignetting at 10-12mm but it's pretty nocticeable from 10-11mm...a bit more than minimal in my opinion. But at 12mm, it gets better and I no longer have to worry about getting a separate port for my Tokina.
3. Lack of fiber optic triggering...with FO being widely used, iI find it a little disheartening that Ikelite hasn't already incorporated this feature into their housings...I know you can use the little FO adapter mounts on the flash block/diffusers but that can be a PITA and it doesn't work for DSLR users.
Overall, I do like the housing...I think mostly because I have "moved up" to a DSLR for my UW shooting. I am fairly used to the controls and the housing is smaller than one for a normal sized DSLR (i.e. 70D, D90) so it gives a fairly good reduction.
The SL1/100D itself is fun to shoot...I have used it for action, birding and landscape photos on land and it has proven to be just as good under water.
below are some pics (mostly macro):
Be sure to choose the right equipment! Check our guides for best cameras & lenses, and underwater camera housings. A must read! Buyers Guides
The Sony A7R IV is the best full frame underwater camera of 2020!
See our full Sony A7R IV Review
Check out the Isotta Sony A7R IV Housing
Considering a new camera? We've got full reviews of all the top cameras - check it out!
New reviews of the Sony A7R IV, Nikon Z50, Canon G7X Mark III, Nikon Z7, Canon EOS R & Sony A6400.
Camera reviews Here
Up to 50% off on Nauticam, Light & Motion, Kraken, Ikelite, Sea & Sea, and more!
Check out our AMAZING SALE on new gear
BLUEWATER SALE UP TO 50% OFF