Inon UCL-G55 SD Underwater Close-up Lens
Part #: INO-4570018120886
Explore the GoPro camera's macro capabilities using the UCL-G55 SD close-up lenses. The focusing guides that come with both of the products are designed to make it easier to focus and give you a strong tool for taking in-focus video. The focusing guide for the UCL-G100 SD shows the minimum shooting distance. When the F.O.V. is set to WIDE, the Focus Stick's width—two sticks fastened to the lens barrel—indicates the horizontal shooting range. When not in use, the Focus Stick can be quickly flipped up. The Focus Stick can also be oriented differently vertically. When needed, such as during transit, the Focus Stick can be taken out of the lens. The UCL-G55 is specifically made for taking close-up photos of small animals like nudibranchs and offers an unmatched level of magnification for GoPro® close-up shooting.
- Lens construction - 2 groups 3 elements
- Body material/finishing - Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy / rigid black alumite, PC
- Lens material/coating - Optical glass / both side coating
- View angle（underwater) - Approx. 45°
- Depth of field - 4.8cm / 1.8in to 6.2cm / 2.4in
- Compatible camera - HERO4 and later
- Size - 77mm / 3.0in (diameter); 25.2mm / 1.0in (length)
- Size with Focus Stick - W121 x H 91 x D87mm / W4.7 x H3.5 x D3.4in [Focus Stick extended]
- Size with Focus Stick - W121 x H120 x D28mm / W4.7 x H4.7 x D1.1in [Focus Stick folded]
- Weight - 184g / 6.4oz (lens standalone, air); 45.4g / 1.6oz (Focus Stick standalone, air); 116g / 4.0oz (with Focus Stick, underwater)
- Depth rating - 60ｍ / 196.9ft
- Mount system - INON SD Mount
Lens Features for Different Shooting Situations
The UCL-G165II SD provides a wide angle of view and a deep depth of field suitable for macro photography capturing the surrounding environment with a subject. The UCL-G100 is an easy-to-use, all-purpose close-up lens with a significantly shorter minimum focus distance while maintaining an underwater angle of view similar to that of the GoPro® alone and a deeper depth of field than other lenses in its class.
Changing Field of View Setting of GoPro for Further Magnification
The distance between two sticks represents a shooting range when GoPro® is set to "WIDE". GoPro® has several field of view settings, and with "Linear" or other narrower angle of view, it is possible to shoot at an even higher magnification. Shooting at a high resolution such as 4K with "1.4x" zoom can enlarge the subject even more with relatively less image quality degradation.
Blur-free Focus Aid Feature (PAT.P)
The Focus Stick width covers the field of view when the camera is set to WIDE. With the UCL-G100 SD, the tip of the Focus Stick indicates the minimum focusing distance, and the depth of field is 8.2 cm/3.2 inch from the tip. With the UCL-G55 SD, two protrusions on each stick indicate depth of field to locate a subject between the two protrusions for in focus filming. It is easy to take sharp and crispy high magnification close-up video by referring to the Focus Stick and checking the composition on the rear monitor. The Focus Stick rotates 360° and has clicks every 90°, so it can be instantly flipped up when not in use. Vertical installation is also possible. The Focus Stick body is attached to the lens with retaining screw ring and can be separated from the lens when not in use.