Mantis Sub Underwater Housing
for Insta360 Pro & Insta360 Pro2 8K Stereoscopic VR Cameras
The Mantis Sub Housing is the only housing in the market that has been designed to be used with the Insta360 Pro and Insta360 Pro2 and allowing to shoot 8K stereoscopic (3D) underwater footage. The housing is built from high grade lightweight aluminum which makes it robust and durable. It features clean zenith and nadir for perfect 360 view, ports for hydrophones, ethernet live-streaming and mounting points for rigging and lighting.
The Mantis Sub is a 'smart' housing, with an on-board processor and controller to trigger record and stop functions, change recording states, and monitor temperature and vacuum status. A 7-colour LED lamp allows the operator to see the camera state at a glance.
Camera settings and a detailed log of the unit’s vitals are accessible wirelessly via an app. On board lithium-ion batteries extend the recording time of the camera. The Mantis Sub is live-streaming-capable and ROV-ready with a detailed integration guide.
- Built from high grade durable anodized aluminium body
- Specially designed domes for clean zenith and nadir
- Integrated vacuum leak detection system
- Underwater power button and start/stop to conserve disk space and battery.
- (2) M14 and (2) M16 Bulkhead
- Easy setup with included App
- Wifi for control, setup (surface), web interface to controller for remote control and log files
- Integrated 3x 18650 batteries to extend recording time
Full 360 Sample Videos:
Mantis Sub In Action:
- Supported camera: Insta 360 Pro/Pro 2 (not included)
- Material: Anodized aluminium
- Depth rating: 90m / 300ft
- Buoyancy: 300g/10oz positive in saltwater, 200g/7oz positive in freshwater
- Dimensions (with domes): 250mm high, 218mm wide, 198mm depth
- Weight: 2.2kg without camera or batteries, 3.7kg with camera, batteries
- External controls: Power on/off, record, stop, switch controller
- Batteries: 3x 18650
- Run time: 12 hours standby, 90 minutes continuous recording
- Mantis Sub Underwater Housing
- (6) Domes - Installed
- Nauticam M14 Vacuum Valve II
- Camera tray with battery shuttle and Mantis electronics
- Pelican Padded Case
- 2dBi SMA stub antennas
- Ethernet Cable
- O-Ring Kit
- Silicone Grease