Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Housing Guide
The long wait was already when Olympus released their new flagship mirrorless camera, OM-D E-M1 Mark II. Photographers were extatic when the specs of the camera was released and truly Olympus has surpassed their expectations. The camera boasts 20 megapixel live MOS sensor, 5-axos advanced image stabilization, 15 fps sequential shooting, 121 point autofocus, 4k video and a lot more features packed to this camera.
Below are the housings that we recommend, use this guide to help you choose which housing would suit your needs. Here are the best micro-four thirds lenses. You can also call or email us anytime to discuss options.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Specs
- 20 Megapixel Live MOS Sensor
- Advanced 5-axis Image Stabilization
- 121-Point Dual Fast Autofocus
- Focus Bracketing and Stacking
- 50 megapixel Hi-Res Shot Mode
- 15 fps Sequential Shooting (Mechanical)
- 60 fps Sequential Shooting (Electronic)
- 4K Cinema Video
- 1/8000 High Speed Mechanical Shutter
- Lightweight and Weatherproof Body
- 3 inch Fully Articulating Touchscreen Monitor
- Built-in Wifi
Read our Review on the Underwater Photography Guide.
The Aquatica housings is built from aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel alloy which provides utmost protection for your camera.
Ikelite's new housings are built from their new ABS-PC and Lexan material for the housing which provides strength, UV protection and corrosion-free performance. The housing is quite compact and can even work with an 8-inch dome port for split shots.
Olympus offers their PT-EP14 underwater housing for their flagship mirrorless housing, EM1 Mark II. It is built from polycarbonate material which makes the housing lightweight. All camera functions can be controlled through the housing and ergonomics of the housing is great. It has also a removable lens hood which helps enhance visibility of LCD and viewfinder.
Olympus PT-EP14 for EM1 Mark II Housing Features
- Built from high quality polycarbonate
- All functions of the camera can be controlled from the housing
- Removable port system
- Dual fiber optic bulkhead.
- Ergonomic button placement for ease of use.
- Removable lens hood to enhance visibility of LCD screen and viewfinder
- Depth Rating: 60m
Nauticam produces high quality aluminum housings, with full camera control. Nauticam has also made the housing more compact but not sacrificing functionality and ergonomics. Buttons and control dials have the same feel as any Nauticam DSLR housings. It has also an integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection system. Nauticam is also well known for creating a variety of useful accessories to pair with their housings for the ultimate underwater set up.
Nauticam Olympus EM1 Mark II Housing Features
- Made from high quality aluminum material
- All camera controls accessible from the housing
- All controls clearly labeled
- Shutter release lever and thumb lever for AE-L / AF-L
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection
- Integrated handles with stainless steel brackets
- Vacuum reset on the port mount
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 1.95 kg
- Dimensions: 305mm x 175mm x 116mm W x H x D (w/ handles and mounting balls)
Sea & Sea MDX housings are built from corrosion-resistant aluminum which provides great protection for your camera. Unfortunately, the housing for the Olympus EM1 Mark II from Sea & Sea is still not yet available and we are still waiting for the details regarding this.
View our Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II Underwater Housing page.