Recsea Canon G7X CW Housing
The G7X is Canon's rebuttle to the Sony RX100 which was the first compact camera to feature a 1" sensor. The Canon G7X also features a 1" sensor, the first Canon compact with such a large sensor. With an improved 20 mp and 24-100mm F1.8-2.8 lens, the G7x should work great for underwater photography. In addition users will gain back one very useful feature that the Sony's never adopted: Canon's macro focus mode.
Why we love the Recsea G7X CW Housing
- Extra small and lightweight
- Extremely secure, with a locking mechanism that ensures you know when your housing is closed properly
- Clear back side, so you can easily see inside the housing
- Easy to use controls and dials
- 67mm threaded port for use with the Bluewater +7 macro lens
- Lowest price Canon G7X housing!
Recsea G7X CW Housing and Camera Review:
Canon G7X Quick Specs:
- 20MP, 1" Sensor
- 24-100mm F1.8-2.8 Lens (very bright, awesome lens!)
- 3" Tilting LCD Screen
- Full Manual Controls, RAW
- Multiple Scene Modes
- Custom White Balance
Recsea CW G7X Housing:
Recsea now offers high quality polycarbonate housing for the Canon G7X. Designed with the same precision engineering as the high quality aluminum G7X Housing the new CW housing comes at a much lower price, great if you are on a budget. The new CW housings come with 67mm threads built in which means you can attach some lenses without an adapter.
Recsea CW G7X Features:
- Compact and durable, CNC precision machined corrosion-resistant POM and acrylic housing.
- Lightweight, ergonomically designed.
- Maximum Operating Depth (MOD) of 60 meters (197 feet).
- Fixed Lens Port with built in M67 Adapter.
- Port Control Dial.
- Rear Control Wheel push button function.
- New RECSEA dial locking system for easier opening and closing.
- Quality silicone O-ring.
- Complete camera function control.
Polycarbonate vs Aluminum:
Overall aluminum housings stand up to the test of time better than polycarbonate. However with proper maintenance and care the Polycarbonate housings are a great choice. Choose the new CW housing if you are on a budget and do not dive below recreational limits. The original Aluminum verion is a great choice if you want to be able to use the popular Quick Release Adapter or if you dive deep. Choose the Aluminum housing for easier camera control with dual (front and rear) control dials for quick camera settings adjustments. The new CW housing does not include a rear control wheel, so changing settings in Manual mode is more difficult / time consuming. If you plan to shoot manual mode we highly recommend the aluminum version.
Wet Lens Selections:
The Canon G7X camera with the 24-100mm lens may vignette with some wet wide angle lenses.
- AOI UWL-09 Wide Angle Lens gives excellent wide-angle results
- Bluewater +7 Macro Lens - Great choice!