We suggest you look at the Compact Camera Guide for the latest camera suggestions, or check out the Canon S100 with Recsea Housing. Thanks!
The Sea & Sea DX-2G Camera is ideal for anyone considering getting into underwater photography, upgrading a beginner system, or looking for a smaller, lighter alternative to a DSLR system.
Camera (Ricoh GX200) Features:
- 12.1 million effective pixels in a 1/1.7" primary color CCD
- With the enlarge buffer you can capture 5 consecutive images with a 3 sec write time in RAW mode.
- 1/2" close up photography possible without an accessory lens.
- The Sea & Sea DX2G Underwater Digital Camera offers 24-72mm optical zoom
- Sea & Sea white balance mode provides color correction when shooting available light
- Built-in electronic level allows you to verify that the camera is level for landscape photography
- Dual fiber-optic cable connector sockets
- Comes with an LCD monitor hood to improve LCD
- Shutter: 180-1/2000 sec
- Aperture: F2.5 - F4.4
- Exposure Modes: Auto shooting mode, Program shift mode, Aperture priority mode, Manual exposure mode
- Zoom: 3x Optical Zoom Plus 4x Digital Zoom
- Memory Card: SD and SDHC up to 16GB
- Internal Memory: 54MB
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable or 2x AAA Batteries
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.3 x 1"
- Weight: 7.3 oz
- DX-2G Housing
- [Depth rating]55m / 180ft
- [Dimensions (WxHxD)]158x109x109mm / 6.3x4.4x4.4inch
- [Weight]Approx. 530g / 18.6oz (excluding hand strap)
- [Underwater weight]Approx. -110g / -3.9oz
- Great wide-angle capability with the Sea & Sea Wide Angle Conversion lens, which increases the angle of view to 85 degrees underwater and 106.5 degrees on land.
- Great macro ability without a wet lens, compared to other compacts. Optional wet lens makes it even better
- Can shoots in RAW format
- Full manual controls.
Don't forget to buy a spare tube of Sea & Sea's silicone grease.
Bluewater Photo wrote the Underwater Photography Guide review of this camera, and we know it inside and out. Count on us for the best support!
This DX-2G package contains the camera body and polycarbonate housing (Strobe arm not included). If this package doesn't meet your needs, please contact us and we can build a custom package for you.
If you are interested in a package that includes a strobe, strobe arm, a wide angle lens, and Pelican case, see our alternate DX-2G package here.
We dive with our products all the time. Please call the Bluewater Photo team at 310-633-5052 with any questions, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org