Ikelite Canon EOS R6 Underwater Housing
Ikelite has a reputation to produce high quality underwater camera housings, and the Ikelite Canon EOS R6 Housing lives up to the name. The housing is small, compact and lightweight which makes it great to bring when going on dive trips. It is also built from ABS-PC material which provides strength and requires minimal maintenance. The housing also has great ergonomics. Button and lever location has been well thought off to make your shooting experience wonderful even when wearing thick gloves.
- Port System - The housing utilizes Ikelite's Dry Lock Port System. Port system has been designed to be lightweight, robust and can withstand a beating. The system has also been designed to have the o-ring outside to improve visibilty when setting up and reduces the chance of water dropping to your camera.
- Vacuum System - The housing includes vacuum valve, along with the optional Ikelite Pump with Gauge allows you to draw out air and check if your housing is completely sealed before diving. This provides you the peace of mind and assurance that your camera is safe inside the housing while underwater.
- TTL Strobe Exposure - The Ikelite Canon EOS R6 Housing supports both manual shooting and adding Ikelite DL5 DS Link Canon TTL Converter CT1 Hotshoe Kit.
- Ergonomics & Setup - All important camera function are accessible through the housing. Buttons, levers and knobs are readily available at your finger tips. Setup is also a breeze, camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal
- ViewFinder - The housing comes with Super-Eye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder. It can easily be removed and replaced by Ikelite Enhanced Straight 180 Degree Viewfinder or Ikelite 45 Degree Magnified Viewfinder.
- Strobe Trigger - Strobes can be triggered using electronic sync cord. Fiber optic strobes are not compatible.
Canon EOS R6 Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Canon EOS R6 Camera Review.
Sample Canon EOS R6 Underwater Photos:
This image shows the beautiful image quality and dynamic range that the R6 is capable of capturing. This anemone was photographed with the Canon EOS R6 and Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens in an Ikelite EOS R6 housing. The image was slightly underexposed and adjusted in post processing. This image shows the quality of the details recovered. f/13, 1/60, ISO 320
Nudibranchs can be tricky to shoot in high current. Autofocus tracking on the Canon EOS R6 helped us track the nudibranch's rhinophores and keep them in focus.1/160, f/11, ISO 200
This decorated warbonnet was photographed with the Canon EOS R6 and Canon 100mm macro lens in an Ikelite underwater housing. 1/160, f/16, ISO 200
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Depth Rating: 60m/200ft
- Port System: Dry Lock Port Syste,
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Weight: 5.4 lb (2434 g) with tray and handle
- Dimension: 8.75 x 6.875 x 6.5" (220 x 175 x 165 mm)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 2 year limited warranty
- Ikelite Canon R6 Housing
- Rear O-ring # 0132.59 (installed)
- Front O-ring # 0132.45 (installed)
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed)
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67 (installed)
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- .050" Hex Key # 0945.11
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube