Ikelite D500 Underwater Housing 200DL
with Dry Lock Port Mount
Read the UWPG Nikon D500 Review
The Ikelite Nikon D500 200DL housing is a perfect, affordable solution for housing your Nikon D500 for underwater photography. This housing is crafted from strong ABS polycarbonate and features a useful see through rear plate. This allows the shooter to view into the housing to check the o-ring seal and confirm all controls are lined up well, something that is impossible with a black aluminum housing. The housing offers access to all important comaera controls and is depth rated to 200 feet (60m).
The Ikelite D500 housing features improved controls such as an extra large, soft touch zoom knob. It has the ability to add an Ikelite Vacuum bulkhead for increased security against floods and like all Ikelite DSLR housings. The control symbols are laser etched into the housing, never to be scratched off or fade. The housing includes a spare 1/2-20 threaded port for additional accessories near the front of the housing and a single handle (left handle) tray with Ikelite quick release connection for adding ball mounts and arms.
Manual Bulkhead with TTL Available
The Ikelite D500 includes a manual Ikelite bulkhead for firing strobes. The TTL converter and TTL hot-shoe are available separately which allow for accurate TTL strobe firing with Ikelite DS strobes via an electronic sync cable. Non Ikelite strobes are compatible with the included bulkhead only, there is no TTL ability with non-Ikelite strobes.
- Accepts Dry Lock ports which accommodates most popular zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses, including many larger diameter lenses that were previously not compatible with Ikelite housings.
- Zoom can be used for many lenses when using the appropriate zoom gear
- Dome ports are recommended for wide-angle and zoom lenses
- Flat port are recommended for macro lenses
Please see Ikelite Port Chart here.
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- 5.1 lb (2.3 kg)
- 9.2 x 7.1 x 6.6" (234 x 180 x 168 mm)
In the Box
- Rear o-ring # 0132.61
- Front o-ring # 0132.45
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.5
- Silicone Lubricant # 0184.2