Sony 14mm F1.8 FE GM Lens
The Sony 14mm F1.8 FE GM lens is a compact wide-angle prime lens, but don't be fooled by its size; being a G Master lens, it produces tack sharp results. The lens performs excellently even in low light condition thanks to its fast F1.8 maximum aperture and is a popular option for landscape, architectural, underwater and astrophotographers. At a 14mm focal length, this lens is Sony's widest E-mount prime lens. Overall, the Sony 14mm F1.8's design and performance helps it stand out against the other lenses in the Japanese manufacturer's lineup.
As a compact and lightweight full-frame wide focal length lens weighing in at just 16.3 oz., the Sony 14mm F1.8 is perfect for travel. Autofocus is lightning-fast and is easily capable of tracking fast-moving subjects thanks to its XD linear motors. The only other 14mm F1.8 option on the market for mirrorless cameras is an adapted Sigma 14mm DSLR lens, so this really is a rarity. It features a switch that toggles the aperture ring between smooth or stepped aperture adjustments, making it perfect for video shooters who value quiet operation.
At F1.8, the center of the image is pin-sharp, and the corners retain high levels of detail. Stop it down to F4, and the image quality becomes pin-sharp from corner to corner. The minimum focus distance is about 9.8 inches, or 25cm, meaning you'll be able to shoot subjects at close range if you need to. Pair this lens with one of Sony's full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras such as the A7R IV, A7S III, A1 or A7 IV, and you've got a powerful system to capture stunning wide-angle photos and videos.
Sony 14mm F1.8 FE GM Key Features
- Ultra wide-angle lens for getting as much in the frame as possible
- Focus is lightning quick
- Maximum aperture of F1.8
- Compact prime lens
- Part of the G Master series
- Two XA (Extreme Aspheric) elements
- One super ED and two ED glass elements
- Nano AR coating II
- 9-blade circular aperture
- Two XD (Extreme Dynamic) elements
- Linear response MF
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Manual aperture ring
- Programmable focus hold button
- Dust and moisture resistant design
- Fluorine front-element coating
- Rear filter options as the built-in lens hood prevents filters from being attached to the front of the lens
Other Recommended Lenses:
Please call the Bluewater Photo team at 310-633-5052 with any questions, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org