Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM II Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
Shoot spectacular scenery, bustling streets, and breathtaking interiors with the Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM II Vario-Sonnar T* Lens. This wide-angle lens, featuring a fast F2.8 constant aperture for excellent low-light performance, is designed for Sony's A-mount DSLT cameras. It's compatible with both 35mm full-frame bodies as well as A-mount APS-C bodies.
The 16-35mm focal range, which effectively becomes 24-52mm when used with an APS-C body, is an excellent focal range for a wide variety of photography, whether you're shooting busy street scenes, grand vistas, or even portraits. This Sony 16-35mm F2.8 is a must-have lens for people who shoot on Sony DSLTs.
Advanced AF capabilities, coupled with the SSM system, means this lens is a great choice for anyone who's thinking about photographing fast-moving action. For videographers, the quiet operation of the SSM means the autofocus system doesn't make any unwanted noise.
Features of the Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM II Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- Focal Length - This lens is compatible with both 35mm full-frame and APS-C A-mount Sony cameras. On a full-frame body, the effective focal length is 16-35mm, but when used on an APS-C body, this becomes an equivalent focal length of 24-52mm
- Aperture - A 9-blade circular aperture means this lens produces a smooth pleasing bokeh
- Environmentally Sealed - Protects from dust, dirt, debris and moisture
- ZEISS T* Coating - ZEISS's proprietary anti-reflective coating has been a feature on ZEISS products for decades and helps to minimize image flare and ghosting
- SSM - Thanks to Super-sonic wave Motor (SSM) technology, the Sony 16-35mm F2.8 features super-smooth, super-quiet and accurate autofocus functionality
- Optical Performance - Three aspherical elements help to reduce distortion even at wide focal lengths as well as maintain corner sharpness and minimize chromatic aberrations