Aquatica Olympus OM-D E-M1 Underwater Housing
Read our full Aquatica OM-D E-M1 housing review
The new Aquatica OM-D E-M1 housing is Aquatica's first jump into the micro-four thirds camera market. Their Sony NEX housings were stylish, ergonomic and well-made, and we found their E-M1 underwater housing to be just as excellent.
Aquatica uses high quality materials and engineers these housings to stand up to the test of time. All control dials, buttons and levers are easy to manipulate with high quality springs that do no stick easily and maintain their strength at depth. They have crafted the housing so that important controls are in easy reach, like the AEL/AFL button. This has been turned into a lever control on the housing for easy access when using it for focus lock - a popular set up when shooting macro.
Port changes are easy with the bayonet mount - just push the port into place and twist to lock. The housing includes port locks so there is no worry of not having the port installed incorrectly.
Aquatica OM-D E-M1 Housing Features:
- Precision crafted out of aircraft-grade aluminum
- Depth rating of 300ft
- Anodized and painted to last a lifetime
- Strong, lightweight form fitting grips, no reinforcement needed
- All-in-one pressure check and leak alarm
- Support for a 4-inch dome, 6-inch dome and macro ports
- Optional 45 and 180 degree Aquaview viewfinders supported
- Port lock and lens release mechanism
- Oversized control knobs
- Quick-removal camera tray
Aquatica OM-D E-M1 Recommended Lenses & Ports:
- Panasonic 8mm fisheye in the Aquatica glass 4-inch dome
- Panasonic 7-14mm lens for ultra-wide angle, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Olympus 9-18mm lens for wide-angle, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Panasonic 12-35mm lens for great video, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Olympus 12-40mm lens for wide-angle & fish, in the Aquatica SW8 dome port
- Olympus 12-50mm lens for fish, mid-range, portraits in the Aquatica SW8 dome port or in the Aquatica macro port 30207
- Olympus 60mm macro for exceptional macro shooting in the Aquatica macro port 30207
- Aquatica EM1 O-ring Kit - its always essential to have a spare o-ring when going on dive trips.
- Aquatica Vacuum Valve and Pump
Aquatica OM-D E-M1 housing product video:
Olympus E-M1 Sample Underwater Photos:
Taken with the Aquatica E-M1 housing, 8mm fisheye lens while diving Anilao, Philippines
Aquatica E-M1 with 60mm Macro
Aquatica E-M1 with 8mm Fisheye
E-M1 with 9-18mm Lens
E-M1 with 9-18mm Lens