Nauticam Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1
We have tested this camera and housing and it is awesome!
Part # Nau-17806
Great New Features of the Nauticam OM-D E-M1 Underwater Housing:
- Easy to use push on port lock, large selection of ports and zoom gears to match the ever increasing line of lenses and more.
- Redesigned shutter button works more like a dSLR shutter
- New molded grips, just like their dSLR housings
- Electronics for vacuum system will be included
- 45 and 180 degree viewfinders supported
- Housing is a little larger than the OM-D E-M5 housing, partially because the E-M1 camera is larger than the E-M5
Best lenses for the Nauticam OM-D E-1 Housing:
- Panasonic 8mm fisheye lens (widest option, best price), behind a 4-inch dome
- Panasonic 7-14mm F4 lens, behind a 6-inch dome
- Best for overall wide angle, sharks, pelagics, large subjects and over / under shots
- Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 lens cost more, and needs an additional port adapter, but is one stop brighter and has exceptional image quality
- Olympus 9-18mm lens, behind a small semi-dome port
- Less expensive than the Pan 7-14, great for wide angle, large pelagics
- For video - Panasonic 7-14mm, Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 or Panasonic 12-35mm lens
- Mid-range - Olympus 12-40mm or Olympus 12-50mm lenses
- Use Nauticam's specialized zoom gear with the 12-50mm for a multipurpose zoom + macro lens.
- Macro - Olympus 60mm macro lens, (our choice), or Panasonic 45mm macro lens
For example photos, read our guide to the best micro-four thirds lenses for underwater photography. Call the Bluewater Photo staff for detailed questions about which lenses are best for you
Nauticam OM-D E-M1 port choices
- Wide-angle lenses will use a dome port.
- Mid-range and macro lenses will use a flat port, although the Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 lens must be used behind a larger 6-inch dome port.
- Zen also has a new glass 7-inch dome which is great for over/under shots (split shots) with the 7-14mm , 9-18mm lens, or Panasonic 12-35mm lens
Call the Bluewater Photo staff to find out which ports are right for you.
- Nauticam Vacuum System
- Compact Macro Converter (best diopter for use with Olympus 60mm Macro)
- Nauticam Flip Diopter Holder
- Nauticam Wet Wide Lens WWL-1 130°
- Nauticam Flip Diopter Holder for M67 Macro Port
- Nauticam Double Flip Diopter Holder for M67 Macro Port
- Nauticam Housing O-Ring
- N85 Port O-Ring
Olympus OM-D E-M1 underwater settings
Read our comprehensive OM-D E-M1 underwater setting guide
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Camera:
The new OM-D E-M1 camera promises incredible focusing speed with both phase and contrast detection available. With a revolutionary new design for mirrorless cameras this new camera makes the gap between small "travel-friendly" cameras and large high quality dSLR cameras even smaller. Able to compete against some of the top of the line dSLR in terms of function, speed and quality the new OM-D E-M1 is blazing the way for mirrorless cameras.
- High Speed AF - Phase & Contrast Detection with improved continuous autofocus
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- 81 Contrast Detection Focus Points & 37 Phase Detection Focus Points
- Able to shoot up to 1/8000th Shutter for high speed shooting
- Up to 10 frames per second high speed shooting
- Includes timer and interval timer for multiple shots
- Micro-Four Thirds Lens Mount (accepts any four-thirds lens with adapter)
- Magnesium Alloy Body with improved weather sealing - freeze proof
- Highly improved large electronic viewfinder - see the action as your eye would
- 3.0" Tiltable LCD Touch Screen Monitor
- 5-Axis Image Stablization
- ISO 200-25600 with optional ISO LOW in Manual Mode = ISO 100
Nauticam OM-D E-M1 Housing Product Video:
Nauticam OM-D E-M1 Sample Photos:
Reef Scene from Anilao with 8mm fisheye lens
Nauticam Housing and the New M.Zuiko 12-40mm PRO lens: