Ikelite D800 Underwater Housing
Part #: Ike-6812.8
The Ikelite D800 underwater camera housing for the Nikon D800 camera is one of Ikelite's newest DSLR housings. Stay tuned to this page as we get more news on the housing and add specs, details, and other information.
Read our Ikelite D800 initial review
Ikelite D800 Recommended Lenses for Underwater
- Nikon 16-35mm F4 (1st choice) or Sigma 12-24mm for sharks, dolphins, skittish schools of fish
- Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens (1st choice) or Sigma 15mm fisheye lens for whales, mantas, reefscapes
- Nikon 105mm VR macro (1st choice) or Nikon 60mm F2.8 macro for fish, macro
Ikelite D800 housing port recommendations
- Choose your ports and port bodies in the "add a port" section above
- The Zen 4-inch glass dome for Ikelite is the best choices for the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens, it is small and light, and you can get close to the subject; however you cannot do over/under split shots
- The Ikelite 6-inch dome is a decent budget choice for a fisheye lens, if you want a small dome but can't afford the Zen 4-inch dome. However, you will have to remove the shade to avoid seeing it in the photos, which is not optimal
- The Ikelite 8-inch dome port is a good choice for over/under shots with fisheye or wide-angle lenses, and an 8-inch or larger dome is required for non-fisheye wide-angle lenses like the Nikon 16-35mm F4; this dome also requires a "port body" that extends the dome out to its proper position
- The Zen 8-inch glass dome or Zen-9 inch glass domes are more expensive, but they are the best choice for over/under split shots and optical quality. The 9-inch dome give the best results for professional level over-under split shots.
- Macro lenses use one of the Ikelite flat ports
Ikelite D800 Housing Features
This housing is equipped with great built-in TTL that works with Ikelite strobes.
The Ikelite D800 housing is the only D800 housing to offer built-in hard-wired true Nikon iTTL metering with an underwater strobe. The price is great!
✓ Access to all important camera functions
✓ Capable of electrical TTL strobe exposure
✓ Comfortable rubber grips
✓ Glass optical viewfinder enhanced for underwater
✓ Visible o-ring seals
✓ Corrosion-proof solid body
✓ Ports available for most popular lenses
✓ Lens zoom gears included with housing
✓ 200ft (60m) depth rating
Works with the Nikon D800E also!
We dive with our products all the time. Please call the Bluewater Photo team at 310-633-5052 with any questions, or email us at email@example.com