Ikelite Panasonic G9 Underwater Housing
Ikelite has designed an underwater housing for the Panasonic Lumix G9 camera. It is lightweight and best suited for diving, surfing and pool use. It uses the new Dry Lock Port System which gives added security and can accomodate large diameter lenses. The housing also provides access to all important functions of the camera.
* Camera housing includes vacuum valve (pump with gauge not included) and aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle
Ikelite Housing Features:
- Lens Ports - The housing uses the Ikelite DryLock Port System. The system features an improved visibility of the seal and it reduces the chances of water dropping. The ports are also very light yet robust.
- Vacuum System - The housing includes the vacuum valve already and you would only need to purchase the Ikelite vacuum pump with gague. The vacuum system give you the peace of mind during your dive that your housing is sealed.
- TTL Exposure - This housings supports your choice of shooting manual strobes or adding TTL electronics depending on your application. You can enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the PT1K Panasonic TTL Kit with Hotshoe # 46031 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.
- Control & Setup - For controls, the shutter and AF/AE lock levers stand out with super sensitive and natural feeling curved levers. All push button controls are machined and hard anodized aluminum to reduce weight and resist salt build-up. The back of the housing is laser engraved with control symbols which will never fade or fall off.
- ViewFinders - The included Super-Eye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Ikelite Straight Magnified Viewfinder or Ikelite 45° Magnified Viewfinder Type 1
- Strobe Firing - Strobes other than Ikelite such as Sea & Sea, Inon, Retra with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this. Fiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation
- Base & Handle - The housing includes the base tray and left hand quick release handle for steady shooting.
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls (Controls are not provided for Drive mode dial, Diopter adjustment dial, Joystick, Front dial, F4 Function button, Preview button/F5 Function button, Function lever, V.MODE button)
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Weight: 4.8 lb (2.2 kg)
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 7.3 x 6.5" (226 x 185 x 165 mm)
- ABS-PC and Lexan construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
Lens Recommendations for Underwater:
- Olympus 60mm Macro - fast focusing and stunning macro
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - perfect wide angle option for reefs, wrecks, and close focus wide angle
- Panasonic 7-14mm Wide Angle - Awesome for pelagics, sharks, and landscape photos. Wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view and zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 45mm Macro- High quality macro lens
- Olympus 9-18mm Wide Angle - great for pelagics, and wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view. Zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 12-35mm - great mid range wide lens for video, fast F2.8 min aperture.
- Olympus 12-50mm - a good mid-range zoom option. Offers built in macro mode that is compatible with the Nauticam housing
- Panasonic 7-14mm: 8" Dome Port and Zoom Gear
- Olympus 7-14mm PRO compatibility, TBD
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye: 8" Dome Port
- (Note - This will vignette. You can remove the dome shade to lessen the vigentte)
- Olympus 8mm PRO compatibility, TBD
- Panasonic 12-35mm: 8" Dome Port with 28mm Extension and Zoom Gear
- Panasonic 45mm Macro: Dry Lock Flat Port, includes 67mm threads to add macro diopters.
- Olympus 60mm Macro compatibility TBD