Nauticam Fuji X-T3 Underwater Housing
Nauticam has made an underwater housing for the thrid generation XTrans APS-C mirrorless, X-T3. The housing is milled from a block of solid aluminum, then hard anodized. The housing is a rugged and reliable piece of gear that will stand up to saltwater and the can take a beating. It is has a depth rating of up to 100m.
Like its predecessors, NA-XT1 and X-T2, the new housing does not require a separate tray - it includes built in tray/handles, and features a design meant to be shot with hands firmly on the handles which has a similar form with the Sony A9 housing. The housing is designed with the Mission Control setup which places all important camera controls near the handle for a quick and easy operation. The thumb levers are located near both handles, with the left thumb lever actuating the playback function and the right thumb lever the AF-L control.
The housing also features the new M24 bulkhead which supports the HMDI 2.0 connection and great to be partnered with the Atomos Inferno housing for Shogun/Ninja Inferno 7" monitor.
For the avid tripod users, the Nauticam Mounting Ball Set is compatible with the housing.
The housing comes with the standard leak detection system as well. An optional M14 vacuum system can be purchased to ensure a watertight system which would provide the photographer peace of mind.
Housing Locking Latch
The housing uses Nauticam easy to use housing locking latch system. It also safely locks the housing and prevents accidental opening. It is very easy to open for a quick battery or memory card change.
M24 HDMI 2.0 Bulkhead
The new M24 bulkhead has been incorporated with the housing which supports the HDMI 2.0 connection to the Nauticam Atmos Inferno Housing for the Shogun/Ninja Inferno 7" 4K60 4:2:2 10-bit recorder/monitor.
Patented Port Locking System
The housing uses Nauticam patented port locking system which is also used on their DSLR housings. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever. Nauticam also offers locking port extensions, meaning a dome will never twist, even when used with a long extension ring.
The Mission Control design places all important camera controls as close to the handles as possible to provide effortless and quick camera setting changes underwater to insure you don't miss the shot. Thumb levers for playback and AF-L are within easy reach.
Accessory Battery Extender
The housing accomodates the optional 2500 mAh USB battery pack which would be placed underneath the camera.
Ergonomic Rubberized Grips
Nauticam has been well known for their ergonomics, the housing uses the rubberized grips same as their DSLR camera housings. In addition, The zoom / focus control knob also features this same soft touch rubber coating for improved tactile feel.
A reliable automatic flash exposure is available with the NA-XT3 and a variety of optically fired flashes, precisely reproducing the camera’s included EF-X8 flash at a proportionally greater intensity. This system yields accurate automatic TTL flash performance – even in manual exposure mode. It is also compatible with the Nauticam Optical Flash Trigger which allows rapid fire manual flash firing via fiber optic, with no camera battery drain.
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is pre-installed in the NA-XT3 as standard equipment. When combined with the Nauticam M14 Vacuum Valve, it provides constant updates throughout the dive as to watertight integrity of the housing via a multi-color LED on the rear of the housing.
Recommended Lens & Ports:
Check out the best Fuji X mount lenses.Here are our specific recommendations for underwater photography.
- Wide Angle - we recommend the Fujinon XF10-24mm F4 R OIS wide angle zoom lens with the Nauticam 180mm Glass Dome Port and Zoom Gear (Nau-36441) or for almost fisheye results, the Fujinon XF18mm f/2 with the Nauticam Flat Port 13 and NAuticam Wet Wide Lens 1 (WWL-1)
- Macro - we recommend the Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M Macro Lens or the Fujinon XF60mm Macro Lens with the Nauticam Macro Port 45 + Nauticam Mini Extension Ring 20 + Aperture Ring (Nau-36422) or Nauticam Macro Port 32 + Nauticam Mini Extension Ring 30 + Aperture Ring (Nau-36422).
- Nauticam M14 Vacuum System
- Nauticam 45 Degree Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
- Nauticam 180 Degree Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
- Nauticam Battery Extender
- Nauticam Optical Flash Trigger
- Nauticam Mounting Ball Set
- Compact Macro Converter
- Nauticam Flip Diopter Holder
- Nauticam Wet Wide Lens WWL-1 130°
- Nauticam Flip Diopter Holder for M67 Macro Port
- Nauticam Double Flip Diopter Holder for M67 Macro Port
- Nauticam Fuji X-T3 Underwater Housing
- Padded Travel Case
- CR2032 Battery for Vacuum System
- Spare Maiin O-Ring
- Removal Tool
- Set of Allen Keys
- Dimension: 350mm x 210mm x 120mm
- Weight: 2.65kg
- Depth Rating: 100m