Rental Nauticam Sony A7 II, A7R II & A7S II Housing
The new Sony A7 II camera blends a full frame (36mm x 24mm) sensor into a camera body that is essentially the same size as many "compact" cameras. The A7 II offers improved auto-focus over the original A7 camera. The result is a stunning blend of high resolution image quality and compactness. Pair this camera with the new Nauticam Housing for a stunning underwater rig with complete lens and accessory support.
Be sure to read our comprehensive Nauticam Sony A7 II / A7R II review for underwater photography with sample underwater photos
Nauticam A7 II - How To Fire Your Strobes
Sync cords: The standard Nauticam A7 II housing includes a bulkhead, make sure to select the correct option from the drop down above. If you want to fire your a strobe electronically you will need a S&S sync cord for Sea & Sea and Inon strobes, or an Ikelite sync cord for Ikelite strobes. If you have 2 strobes, you will need the dual-cable versions.
Fiber optic cables: The A7 II housing includes 2 fiber optic ports, to use your fiber optic cables, you will need to purchase the Sony A7 optical flash trigger, because the Sony A7 does not have an internal flash, and use the Nauticam to Sea & Sea fiber optic cables. If you choose this route you can save $100 on the housing by purchasing the No Bulkhead option, using the drop down menu above.
Nauticam A7 II Housing:
The NA-A7II looks quite similar to the NA-A7, and the housings are approximately the same dimensions. The NA-A7II ships with built-in, yet adjustable handles, featuring Nauticam’s contoured rubberized grip. The “AF/MF/AEL” button is given special treatment on the right side of the housing with a direct access lever immediately reachable by the right thumb. This allows the button to be programmed for AF-ON meaning “thumb focus” fans can easily have perfect functionality. The shutter release can be accessed at the same time, offering extremely quick focus-to-shoot finger action. Like many Nauticam housings, the play button is brought up to the left thumb, and the three command dials (think shutter speed, aperture and exposure compensation) can be adjusted quickly with minimal reach. The ISO button is within short reach of the right thumb, important for video shooters. Speaking of video, the record button is on the top right, thus eliminating camera shake during video start/stop.
Nauticam A7 II Features:
- Unsurpassed build quality, designed by an award winning engineering team, and produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing technology available
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation
- Access to all key camera controls
- All controls clearly labeled
- Patented two stage shutter release system, allowing precise feel over half press and full press
- Patented Port Locking System
- Patent pending Multi Controller pad
- Lens release button
- Easy to operate locking housing latches
- Rubberized ergonomic grips on adjustable handles
- Laser-cut steel handle brackets
- Quick release camera mounting plate
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering
- Mini Flash Trigger
- M16 accessory hole for electrical bulkhead, HDMI or hydrophone installation
- M14 accessory hole for vacuum valve installation
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional)
- Dual 1" (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes
- Dual M5/M10 threaded accessory mounting points
- 100m Depth Rating
Nauticam A7 II Housing Product Video:
Sony A7R II, Sony 28mm + fisheye conversion lens
Sony A7R II + Sony 90mm macro lens, F8, 1/250th, ISO 100
The Bluewater Photo sales team knows the lens and port choices very well, don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.