Recsea Sony RX-100 III CW Housing
DISCONTINUED, No Longer Available
Recsea now offers high quality polycarbonate housing for the Sony RX100 III. Designed with the same precision engineering as the high quality aluminum RX100 III Housing the new CW housing comes at a much lower price, great if you are on a budget. The new CW housings come with 67mm threads built in which means you can attach some lenses without an adapter.
Why we love the Recsea RX-100 III CW housing
- Least expensive RX-100 III housing on the market
- Extremely secure latching mechanism
- Clear back lets you easily see inside the housing
- Solid material almost feels like it is made of Aluminum
Overview of the 6 different RX-100 III underwater housings
CW RX100 III Housing Features:
- Compact and durable, CNC precision machined corrosion-resistant POM and acrylic housing.
- Lightweight, ergonomically designed.
- Maximum Operating Depth (MOD) of 50 meters (164 feet).
- Fixed Lens Port with built in M67 Adapter.
- Port Control Dial.
- Rear Control Wheel push button function.
- New RECSEA dial locking system for easier opening and closing.
- Quality silicone O-ring.
- Clear rear window - easy to check o-ring seal.
- Complete camera function control.
Polycarbonate vs Aluminum:
Overall aluminum housings stand up to the test of time better than polycarbonate. However with proper maintenance and care the Polycarbonate housings are a great choice. Choose the new CW housing if you are on a budget and do not dive below recreational limits. The original Aluminum verion is a great choice if you want to be able to use the popular Quick Release Adapter or if you dive deep. Choose the Aluminum housing for easier camera control with dual (front and rear) control dials for quick camera settings adjustments. The new CW housing does not include a rear control wheel, so changing settings in Manual mode is more difficult / time consuming. If you plan to shoot manual mode we highly recommend the aluminum version.
Recsea RX-100 III Wet Lens Options:
The Sony RX100 III with the 24-70mm lens works wellwith a variety of wet lenses with minimal vignetting. Choose the lens that best fits your needs.
- AOI UWL-09 Wide Angle Lens gives excellent wide-angle results
- UWL-04 Fisheye - widest option, requires 67mm - 52mm step down adapter*
- Bluewater WA110 Wide Lens - 110 degree field of view, very sharp*
*Slight Vignetting on RX100 III (zoom in to avoid)