Recsea Sony RX-100 II CW Housing
Recsea now offers high quality polycarbonate underwater housing for the Sony RX100II. Designed with the same precision engineering as the high quality aluminum RX100II Housing the new CWS housing comes at a much lower price, great if you are on a budget. The new CWS housings come with 67mm threads built in which means you can attach some lenses without an adapter.
Recsea CW RX-100 II Housing Features:
- Compact and durable, CNC precision machined corrosion-resistant POM and acrylic housing.
- Lightweight, ergonomically designed.
- Maximum Operating Depth (MOD) of 50 meters (164 feet).
- Fixed Lens Port with built in M67 Adapter.
- Port Control Dial.
- Rear Control Wheel push button function.
- New RECSEA dial locking system for easier opening and closing.
- Quality silicone O-ring.
- Complete camera function control.
Polycarbonate vs Aluminum housings:
Overall aluminum housings stand up to the test of time better than polycarbonate. However with proper maintenance and care the Polycarbonate housings are a great choice. Choose the new CWS housing if you are on a budget and do not dive below recreational limits. The original Aluminum verion is a great choice if you want to be able to use the popular Quick Release Adapter or if you dive deep. Choose the Aluminum housing for easier camera control with dual (front and rear) control dials for quick camera settings adjustments. The new CW housing does not include a rear control wheel, so changing settings in Manual mode is more difficult / time consuming. If you plan to shoot manual mode we highly recommend the aluminum version.
Wet Lens Options:
The Sony RX100II with the 28-100mm lens works great with a variety of wet lenses with no vignetting. Choose the lens that best fits your needs.
- AOI UWL-09 Wide Angle Lens gives excellent wide-angle results
- UWL-04 Fisheye - widest option, requires 67mm - 52mm step down adapter
- Bluewater WA110 Wide Lens - 110 degree field of view, very sharp
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
Recsea RX-100 II CW Product Video: