Sea & Sea Optical YS Converter
Sea & Sea's Optical YS Converter is an internal TTL converter that plugs into the camera hot-shoe and works for fiber optic cables. Now get the best of both worlds and bypass the internal camera flash with it's slow recycle rate and get rid of the bulkier electronic sync cords that can short out of flood.
Please contact us to confirm your housing is compatible. Typically the Optical TTL Converter is installed prior to the housing shipping from Sea & Sea and purchased at the same time as the housing. If you would like to have one installed in an older housing, we need to confirm compatibility, then you will purchase this item, and ship your housing to us so that we can have the part installed. Email or call us for more information.
- SS-50126: Sea & Sea Nikon D7100, D200, D810 housings
- SS-50137: Sea & Sea Canon SL1 / 100D housings
- SS-50136: Sea & Sea Canon 70D, 5D Mark III version II housing with 5D Mark III camera
- SS-50142: Sea & Sea 7D Mark II, 5D Mark III version II housing with 5DR, 5DSR camera
- SS-50139: Sea & Sea Sony A7 II, A7R II, A7S II Underwater Housing
- SS-06195: Sea & Sea MDXL A7IV Underwater Housing
The Optical YS Converter:
- Eliminate the risk of flooding via the strobe bulkhead
- Gives you more battery life by not using the onboard flash
- Allows you to take advantage of the fast strobe recycle time!
- Elminates reflections from the camera's onboard flash in your dome
- Achieves great TTL accuracy
- Will be compatible with future dSLR and housings that do not have a flash.
SImple and Effective
The new Optical YS Converter is easy to install and even easier to use. Simply screw into place inside the housing and attach the hotshoe to your camera. Make sure its adjusted for your strobes (the converter works with Sea & Sea's YS-D1, YS-01 and YS-110a) and you're done. To use simply turn on with the push of a button. Another push of the button takes it out of TTL to manual mode if you want to have further control of your strobes. All fine tuning is done through the EV controller on the back of your strobes.
Currently the new Optical YS Converter will work with the Sea & Sea housing for Nikon D7100 and Canon SL1, and is coming soon for the new Canon 70D. Unfotunately Sea & Sea is not going to be designing them to work with previous housings, so your D800, D600, 7D and 5DMKIII will not work.