Ikelite Canon G7X Mark II Underwater Housing
We love the Ikelite G7X II housing because of its small size, clear backplate and well-made solid port for wet lenses. Find out more below!
G7X Mark II Review
Read our full G7X Mark II review to learn more about its features and why we love it for underwater photography.
Ikelite G7X II Housing Overview:
This compact and lightweight underwater housing provides full operation of the camera up to depths of 200 feet (60m). Large, easy-to-reach controls are provided for all camera functions including the front and rear dials. Rear controls are marked with easy-to-see laser engraved symbols which never fade or fall off.
A new, ultra sensitive shutter lever and front rubberized grip make the system a pleasure to hold and shoot with or without an optional tray and handle. The front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze. The camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod topside.
Ikelite G7X Mark II Specification:
- Works underwater with the Canon G7X Mark II
- Controls for all camera controls except Flash switch and Mobile Device Connection button
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Fiber optic connections
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- 1/4-20 thread tray mounting with 3-inch (76mm) spacing
- Weight 2.9 lb (1.3 kg)
- Dimensions 6 x 5.4 x 6.9" (152 x 137 x 175 mm)
- 3.9-inch diameter glass lens port
67mm Threaded Port:
The front of the lens port is 67mm threaded for the direct attachment of external wide angle and macro lenses. This port is as close to the camera's lens as possible for the best image quality and minimal vignetting (dark shadows in the corners of the image) with external wet lenses. Vignetting can be eliminated by cropping the photo in post-production
Recommended Wet Lenses
- Bluewater +7 Macro Lens - Very light, sharp, can be stacked
- AOI UWL-09 Wide Angle Lens - Gives excellent wide-angle results