Ikelite Canon EOS R5 Ultimate Package
The Ikelite Canon EOS R5 underwater housing is the top polycarbonate housing on the market for the Canon EOS R5. The housing is crafted from a ABS-PC that will not corrode in even the harshest saltwater conditions. Due to the nature of ABS-PC, the Ikelite EOS R5 housing is rugged and requires minimal maintenance. The housing is lightweight and has better buoyancy than other housings on the market - making it very easy to shoot underwater. The Ikelite Canon EOS R5 housing is small and compact which makes it great to bring when going on dive trips. Finally, ergonomics in this EOS R5 housing are elegant. The Button and lever locations have been well designed to make your shooting experience wonderful even when wearing thick gloves.
Along with the housing,the package includes everything you need to capture stunning photos. It comes with, 2 powerful strobes, dual sync cord and a focus light as well. Truly, an ultimate package at an affordable price.
- Ikelite Canon EOS R5 Housing
- Ikelite Right-Hand Quick Release Handle with Extension
- Ikelite Dual Sync Cord
- Ikelite DS161 Strobe (2)
- Ikelite 1" Ball Mount for Quick Release (2)
- Ultralight 5" Double Ball Arm (2)
- Ultralight 8" Double Ball Arm (2)
- Ultralight Clamps (6)
- Ultimate Kraken 1000 Focus Light Package - with Color Filters and Snoot
- Bluewater Microfiber Hybrid Cloth-Towel - FREE!
Underwater Housing Features:
- DL Port System - The housing uses the DL Port System. The system o-ring placement is located outside the port mount which improves the o-ring visibility and reduces the chances of water dropping. It attaches quickly and securely. When using zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using simple gearing that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch knob on the side of the housing makes fine-tuned adjustments a breeze. This is one of our favorite gear knobs on any housing. Yeah, it's just a knob, but it isn't until you use an Ikelite housing that you realize how nice it can be to have a large knob!
- Vacuum System - The included vacuum valve allows you to pressurize the housing which gives you the assurance and peace of mind that your housing is fully sealed.
- M16 Accessory Port - A spare M16 accessory port provides an attachment point for third-party accessories including HDMI bulkheads.
- TTL Exposure - The housing supports both shooting in manual or with TTL. The included manual hotshoe with Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead supports manual strobe exposure with a wide variety of strobes including Ikelite, Sea & Sea, Inon and others. We recommend the Ikelite DL5 DS Link TTL Converter and CT1 TTL Hotshoe with the compatible Ikelite DS strobes provides a fast and accurate TTL exposure.
- Control and Setup - The ergonomics on Ikelite housings is great. The shutter and AF-ON levers stand out with super sensitive and natural feeling curved levers. All push-button controls are machined and hard anodized aluminum to reduce weight and resist salt build-up. The back of the housing is laser engraved with control symbols which will never fade or fall off. The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing.
- Viewfinder - The housing includes the Super-Eye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3)
- Strobe Connection - An external strobe must be connected via an electrical sync cord. Non-Ikelite strobes can be triggered in manual exposure modes.
Canon EOS R5 Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Canon EOS R5 Camera Review.
Canon EOS R5 in an Ikleite EOS R5 Housing during our field tests (accessories and camera not included with housing purchase)
Sample Underwater Images with the Canon EOS R5:
Spectacular resolution with the Canon EOS R5. Photo of a mosshead warbonnet captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, Kraken +13 diopter, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/16, 1/160, ISO 100
Photo of a yawning sculpin with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/8, 1/160, ISO 160
A moon jelly under the sun captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/22, 1/160, ISO 100
Wolf Eel captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/13, 1/60, ISO 500
Kelp Forest captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/25, 1/6.3, ISO 250