Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
Update From Previous Version:
- Faster recycle time - less than 1 sec from full discharge.
- Better Ergonomics - larger and taller controls.
- Integrated Video Light - the new strobe now comes with a 2500 lumens video light integrated with the strobe
- Hard Anodized Aluminum Bulkhead - reduced weight
- Battery Backwards Compatibility - old batteries can still be used with the new strobe head
The DS161 combines power with wide angle coverage. The quality of light is exceptional due to a curcular flashtube and custom coated reflector designed specifically to deliver the softest, most even coverage possible. The strobes beam has been designed to produce soft and wide spread through its reflector design, and is capable of providing you the coverage and power you want and avoiding the one f/stop loss caused by adding a diffuser.
The new DS161 utilizes its custom rechargeable cells to provide consistent high frame firing rate. It uses premium industrial grade NiMH which performs better. The battery attaches quickly and easily with its unique toggle lock design plus you don't need to lubricate the o-ring, less work when setting up your rig. The strobe features a backwards compatibility which means you can still use your old DS160/DS161 battery packs.
Built-In Video Light:
The strobe features an integrated video light with a whopping 2500 lumens, It allows you to easily and switch between shooting photos to video. It can also be used as a focus light and has an awesome feature which automatically turns off every time you take a photo then back on again. In addition, the power can also be controlled using 3 settings (low, medium and high) and has an SOS mode as well.
Recycle Time + Battery Life:
The NiMH batteries are work horses, and a great choice for high powered rechargeable devices due to their performance and reliability at a more affordable price point than lithium ion. This high capacity battery pack provides professional quality power and speed flash after flash, well beyond the capabilities of even the best AA-cell batteries.
Ikelite has also improved the recycle time of the DS161 - less than 1 second from full discharge! You'll get very close to instantaneous recycle time.
Click here for some perfect Liveaboard Destinations in which to use your Ikelite strobes.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Depth rating: 100m (330 ft.)
- Power: 4 to 160 Ws
- Coverage angle: 110º with included diffuser
- Power Control: 10 stops in 1/2-stop increments
- Video/modeling light: 2500 lumen COB LED with low/medium/high/SOS power settings
- Color temperature: 4800K
- Guide number at 1m (ISO 100): 24 full power
- Flashes per charge: 300 to thousands dependent on power setting
- Recycle time: 0.1 to 1.0 seconds dependent on power setting
- Electrical sync connection: Ikelite ICS 5-pin bulkhead
- Battery: 7.2V 3300mAh NiMH rechargeable
- Dimensions: 91 mm diameter x 179 mm length (3.6" x 7")
- Weight with battery: 1243 grams (2.7 pounds)
- Buoyancy: Slightly negative in salt water
- DS161 Strobe (Front)
- Rechargeable NiMH Battery Pack
- Battery Pack Cover
- Smart Charger for NiMH with Plug
- 1" Ball Mount
- Waterproof bulkhead cap
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube