Ikelite Sony RX100 VII Camera & Housing Bundle
The Ikelite Sony RX100 VII Camera & Housing Bundle is a small and compact underwater setup but don't be fooled with its size. It is capable tack-sharp photos and videos. The housing is also packed with lots of awesome features - top-notch build quality, durable, lightweight & compact and easy to operate. The Sony RX100 VII utilizes an extended zoom lens and in order to take advantage of the cameras feature, Ikelite has developed a removeable port for the housing. This housing is also crafted from lightweight, yet very strong ABS Polycarbonate and ready for any in or near water use such as scuba diving, pool photography, surf photography and more.
RX100 VII Review
Read our full Sony RX100 VII review to lean more about its features and why we love it for underwater photography.
- Construction - Ikelite's ABS-PC blend provides strength and corrosion free performance with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. They use locally sourced, top-grade materials. The Ikelite housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit, function and waterproof integrity.
- Ergonomics - A slide-in, front loading camera mount makes this housing a breeze to set up and shoot. Controls are provided for all important camera functions including front and rear control dials. Controls are placed in an intuitive position and designed for comfortable access whether you're holding the housing or an add-on handle. A sensitive shutter lever makes it easy to half-depress the trigger for focusing and metering. Rear push button controls are laser engraved for identification with a new bright red push button for the video record start/stop. The camera's large LCD screen can be seen clearly through the back of the housing. The screen can be tilted during installation for more comfortable viewing underwater. Use the camera's built-in WiFi feature to download photos to another device without removing the camera from the housing. The WiFi feature is only usable above water within close proximity to the connected device.
- Flash - Due to the position of the camera's flash in relation to its lens, the built-in flash is not suitable to illuminate photos under water. For the best color and clarity, we recommend adding a filter, strobe, or constant-on light. The built-in flash may be used to trigger external strobes via fiber optic sync cord. Two ports are provided for the connection of up to two fiber optic cords. Any Ikelite DS strobe may be connected using the Fiber Optic Converter # 4401.1 and Fiber Optic Cord # 4501 (or any high quality fiber optic cable, such as Sea & Sea or Nauticam). The AF35 strobe is not compatible with this housing.
- Zoom, super macro, and semi-wide angle - The standard 3.9" diameter optical glass port accommodates the camera's full 24-200mm zoom range underwater. Add the press-fit Macro Adapter # 9306.82 with any 67mm threaded macro wet lens for incredibly super macro photography. The optional WD-4 Wide Angle Dome # 6430.4 provides a wider angle of view underwater without the edge distortion, vignetting, or weight typically associated with an external wide angle wet lens. The WD-4 is a 0.75x magnification factor and simply slides on and off of the housing's lens port. 3.9" diameter color filters press directly onto the front of the standard lens port. We offer color filters for Tropical Blue Water # 6441.46, Green Water # 6441.86, and a Yellow Barrier Filter # 6441.16 for fluorescence photography.
- Optional wide angle port - The optional Wide Angle Port M67 for Sony RX100 VII # 9306.02 can be used in place of the housing's standard port for use of 67mm threaded external wide angle wet lenses. This port has been optimized to provide the best combination of wide angle and macro photography. The shorter port length accommodates an effective zoom range of 24-70mm. This port is optimized for use with wide angle wet lenses designed for the 28mm equivalent focal length, including the AOI UWL-09, Kraken KRL-01, INON UWL-H100, Nauticam WWL-1, and others. Some vignetting (dark shadows around the edges of the image will be present at wider focal lengths. We recommend zooming to eliminate vignetting or cropping your images in post-production.
* The front of the port also accepts 67mm threaded macro wet lenses like our BWP +7, and most other threaded wet lenses. The standard lens port is removed and the Wide Angle Port M67 simply threads into the front of the housing for quick and easy installation. The camera cannot be zoomed past 70mm with this port attached. The camera will shut down if zoomed past this point.
- Sealing and Vacuum Testing - There is no greater assurance than being able to see your camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing. Ikelite's signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel. Once the housing is closed you can see the o-ring form a solid, waterproof seal. A spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easily installation of the optional Vacuum Kit # 47012. A hand pump with gauge allows you to draw a vacuum on the housing to simulate water pressure and check for leaks prior to entering the water. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m) before it leaves the facility in Indianapolis.
* Compatibility - Older RX100 Mark I, II, III, IV, and V cameras are not usable in this housing due to differences in lens and control placement. The Sony AG-R2 Attachment Grip is not compatible with this product.
- Bluewater +7 macro lens gives very good results, we recommended stacking 2 of these lenses for supermacro
- AOI UWL-09 Lens gives excellent wide angle results and offers full zoom through!
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- 200 ft (60 m) depth rating
- Controls for all camera functions except Flash switch and Viewfinder switch; camera's built-in flash may be extended during installation
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- 1/4-20 threaded tray mounting with 3" (76mm) spacing
- Weighs 2.8 lb (1270 g)
- 6.1 x 5.1 x 6.8" (155 x 130 x 173 mm)
- 3.9" diameter glass lens port
- Sony RX100 VII Camera
- Ikelite RX100 VII Underwater Housing
- Rear o-ring # 0109
- Vinyl port cover # 0200.08
- Silicone lubricant # 0184.1
- 2 year manufacturer warranty