Nauticam OM-1 Underwater Housing
Nauticam is constantly rethinking their underwater housing designs to create the absolute best user experience when shooting underwater, and the Nauticam OM System OM-1 housing is no exception. Their housings are crafted from high quality aluminum with controls and dials designed for great ergonomics (ease of use). The housing is depth rated to 100m, maintains a fairly small footprint making it great for traveling. All buttons are clearly labeled, it includes two fiber optic ports and a leak sensor. Lastly the rotating housing latch is secure yet easy to use.
Patented Port Locking System
The housing utilizes Nauticam's unique and easy to use port locking system. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever. They also offers locking port extensions, meaning a dome will never twist, even when used with a long extension ring.
Housing Locking Latch
The secure single rotating housing latch opens the housing back allowing for quick and easy battery or media changes.
The housing has excellent ergonomics! Nauticam made sure that the controls is located where it is needed most on the housing. This Mission Control philosophy drives the design of every housing and provides for the most intuitive and easy to use housings available.
Stainless Steel Handle Brackets
Stiffening handle brackets are included with the housing. These brackets eliminate any flex or wobble when using big strobes, and provide multiple attachment points for lanyards or other accessories.
Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The housing includes Nauticams Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System. When combined with M14 Vacuum Valve II, the system provides a constant update on the housings seal integrity. A simple color coded LED system lets the user know that the housing maintains the pressure or if the housing is losing vacuum. The leak detection provides an audible and visual indicator when there is a water breach. The system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temp or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
Flash Triggering - The strobes can be triggered using the optional Olympus flash inside the housing to provide accurate TTL flash triggering through the integrated fiber optic bulkheads. For high-speed manual flash triggering, the optional Mini Flash Trigger for Olympus can be used.
Premium Professional Optics - Nauticam offers extensive line of ports for all types of shooting, may it wide angle of macro. Their wet lenses are also compatible with the housing such as WWL-1, SMC and CMC lenses.
Viewfinders - A clear view for fine focus and composition is critical for successful underwater photography, and nothing beats a magnifying viewfinder. Nauticam also offers multiple options of photographers who wants to a clear view for fine focus and composition.
- Nauticam 180° Straight Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
- Nauticam 45° Angle Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
- Nauticam Full Frame Straight 40°/ 0.8:1 Viewfinder
- Nauticam Full Frame Angle 40°/ 0.8:1 Viewfinder
- Nauticam Full Frame Straight 32°/ 1:1 Viewfinder
- Nauticam Full Frame Angle 32°/ 1:1 Viewfinder
Incompatible Zoom/Focus Gears:
- 36059 O1250-Z Zoom Gear for Olympus 12-50mm EZ to use with GH5/EM1X (for NA-GH5/EM1X)
- 36147 O1250-Z Olympus M.Zuiko 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ zoom gear
- 36061 P1442X-PZ Zoom Gear (compatible with NA-GH5) for Panazonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S.
- 36146 P1442X-PZ Panazonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. (H-PS14042) zoom gear
- 36051 Adaptor for Olympus 4/3 port and gear system
Lens Recommendations for Underwater:
- Olympus 60mm Macro - fast focusing and stunning macro
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - perfect wide angle option for reefs, wrecks, and close focus wide angle
- Panasonic 7-14mm Wide Angle - Awesome for pelagics, sharks, and landscape photos. Wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view and zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 45mm Macro- High quality macro lens
- Olympus 9-18mm Wide Angle - great for pelagics, and wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view. Zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 12-35mm - great mid range wide lens for video, fast F2.8 min aperture.
- Olympus 12-50mm - a good mid-range zoom option. Offers built in macro mode that is compatible with the Nauticam housing
Read about the best micro-four thirds lenses for underwater
- Sea & Sea YS-D2J (Japanese Version)
- Inon Z-330 Underwater Strobe
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis SS-3
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
Recommended Video Lights:
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light - Bluewater Exclusive!
- Fisheye Fix Neo Premium 4030 EF II Video Light
- Big Blue VTL3500P Video Light
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our list of best underwater video lights.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Dimension: 307mm(W) x 179mm(H) x 118mm(D)
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Port System: N85
- NA-OM1 Housing with two handles and mount balls
- 90136 Spare main o-ring, o-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x plugs for optical fiber cable mount
- Panasonic CR-2450 battery (for moisture alarm and leak detector)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap