Nauticam Wide Angle Conversion Port 2 - 0.57X
WIDEST Rectilinear Wide Angle Field of View on the Market!
Float Collar Included
The Nauticam WACP-2 is a revolutionary wide angle conversion port, capable of producing the widest rectilinear field of view on the market. It is designed with some of the highest quality, water-contact optics available - guaranteeing sharp corners and close focus in your rectilinear wide angle photos. It is the latest addition to Nauticam Wide Angle Conversion Port line, but it is designed for even wider lenses than the WACP-1.
The WACP-2 is a hybrid between a lens and a dry port, and solves many of the optical problems that are created by bringing a rectilinear wide lens underwater. It attaches to Nauticam housings the same way other Nauticam ports do. The optical lenses behind the dome of the WACP-2 allow the camera to focus directly on the subject in the water rather than on the virtual image of the dome. These water-contact optics are what make the WACP-2 so unique for underwater creatives. Here are some of the benefits of the WACP-2:
- The WACP-2 increases the field of view of a 14mm full frame lens to an ultra-wide 140 degrees - the widest rectilinear field of view on the market. If you don't like the "fisheye" look - the WACP-2 gives you all the benefits of a fisheye lens without the distortion.
- The center and corners of images captured with the WACP-2 are much sharper than images taken with traditional dome ports. This allows you to shoot at larger apertures and capture more light underwater. It also produces a nicer bokeh underwater.
- The WACP-2 has full zoom through capability, which means that it can be used with lenses that have more zoom than 14 mm as well as zoom lenses like the Nikkor Z 14-30 or Canon 16-35.
- The WACP-2 creates a very short minimum focusing distance which means you can capture excellent close-focus wide-angle photos. With a traditional dome port, most rectilinear wide lenses would only be able to focus about 10-11 inches from the subject. The closer you can get to your subject underwater, the better your photos become!
- The WACP-2 is unique because it can focus on subjects above the water as well - which makes it perfect for over-under photos and video. The WACP-1 can't do this!
Yes, this port is pricey. But there truly isn't a better option out there if you are looking for the best rectilinear wide angle optics on the market.
WACP-2 vs WACP-1:
The Nauticam WACP-2 and WACP-1 are both engineering marvels in the same class of optics. Both produce amazing wide angle images with sharper corners, close focus, and a wider field of view. The main difference between the two ports is the type of lenses they are designed for. The WACP-1 was designed to work with 28mm equivalent lenses and produces a 130º field of view. The WACP-2 is designed to work with 14mm lenses to produce an unparalleled 140º field-of-view while maintaining full zoom-through optical capability. The field of view with the WACP-2 is unparalleled. For example, when a Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S lens is combined with the WACP-2 you get an amazing field of view ranging from 81 degrees to 140 degrees
Finally, the design of this lens is elegant and a large improvement to the WACP-1. The new lens shade can be flipped underwater to prevent vignetting at wider focal lengths.
Amazing optics often require large lenses - and this rings true with the WACP-2. Thankfully, a float collar is included with the WACP-2 which makes it's underwater buoyancy 1.87 lb (0.85kg) negative.
|Recommended Lenses||AOV Range|
|Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM||128° - 72°|
|Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM||128° - 72°|
|Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM||133° - 72°|
|Nikon AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8 IF ED||123° - 72°|
|Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR||128° - 72°|
|Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S||140° - 81°|
|Sony SEL1635GM FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM||128° - 72°|
|Sony SEL1635Z Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS||128° - 72°|
Check out what Nauticam had to say about this lens at DEMA:
Related Gear Categories:
- Diameter: 280 x 213mm
- Weight on Land: 7.06 kg
- Weight Underwater: 0.85 kg
- Lens Construction: 4 Elements in 4 Groups
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Port System: N120