Olympus TG-6 Camera and Housing Bundle
The Olympus TG-6 is the lastest part of the Tough Series - a series that is waterproof, compact, nearly indestructible underwater cameras. It is packed with great features, including a number of special modes which are optimized for underwater photography, like microscope mode for macro photos. It features a new, super-fast f/2.0 wide-angle lens, and a 12 MP image sensor that provides fantastic image quality. The camera also boasts an ability to capture 4K videos! Additional focusing features such as face detection AF, focus area selection, and manual focus, with or without assist and focus peaking, make this camera a breeze to shoot. This camera might as well be an instrument of science with built-in field sensors including a GPS, manometer, compass, and temperature sensor. The Olympus TG-6 sure can take a beating as it is waterproof (up to 50ft), shockproof, freezeproof, and crushproof!
The Olympus PT-059 Underwater Housing for the TG-6 camera is lightweight, compact and has fantastic ergonomics. If you are looking to bring the Olympus TG-6 underwater below snorkeling depth, this is your best option. It is made from a durable polycarbonate material, which provides rigid protection for your camera, is lightweight, and has a depth rating of 45m (147 ft). In addition, the camera controls for the TG-6 of are far more easily accessible with the housing so it is even highly recommended for snorkelers or shallow water dives within 50 feet. The housing can also accept different kinds of wet lenses for both wide angle and macro underwater photography. Most of all, it is affordably priced.
Olympus PT-059 Housing Features:
- Compact and light weight underwater housing
- Depth rating of 45m (147ft)
- All camera controls are accessible
- 52mm front lens thread
- Compatible with different wet lenses
- Compatible with different strobes
- LCD hood, anti-reflective ring, lens cap, o-ring, hand strap and a fiber optic adapter are included with the housing.
Olympus TG-6 Camera Features:
- Bright f/2.0 Hi-Speed Lens
- Anti-reflective coating to glass around sensor (reduces flare and ghosting)
- 12MP Hi-Speed Image Sensor for Improved Low Light Performance and Noise Reduction
- Improved LCD: 1.04 million dots compared to 460 K dots on the TG-5
- Improved microscope mode
- Microscope mode available in program and aperture priority mode
- Dual Quad Core TruePic™ VIII Image Processor
- Image File Format: RAW, JPEG and RAW+JPEG
- 4K and High Speed Video
- Field Sensor System w/ GPS, Manometer, Compass & Temperature Sensor
- Waterproof, Shockproof, Freezeproof, Crushproof
- 3" LCD Screen
- Built-in WiFi
- Dimension: W: 4.43 in H: 2.6 in D: 1.23 in / W: 113 mm H: 66 mm D: 31.9 mm
- Weight: Approx. 250 g
- Waterproof to 50 feet
Learn more about the TG-6 features and why we love it for underwater photography in our Olympus TG-6 review.
- Sea & Sea YS-03 Flex Package - for a great value
- Sea & Sea YS-01 Flex Package - versitile setup
- Sea & Sea YS-D2 Strobe Package - for the best possible strobe
- Cetacea Lanyard - keep you housing clipped to your BCD so it can't get lost
- AO Cooler Bag - the best way to transport your gear for boat and beach diving
- Stix Floats - Add buoyancy to your rig so it is more comfortable under water
- Bluewater Step up ring (52mm > 67mm)- 67mm adapter to mount macro or WA lenses
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Olympus Camera, Lenses and Housings
- Recommended Video Lights
- Best Underwater Strobes
- Underwater Photo Gear
Sample Olympus TG-6 Underwater Photos:
Jellyfish photographed with the Olympus TG-6. 1/100, f/14, ISO 100
Curious wolf eel photographed with the Olympus TG-6, f/6.3, 1/130, ISO 400 wet wide angle lens.
Periwinkles on eel grass. Olympus TG-6.
Wolf eel photographed with the Olympus TG-6
Sea star skin photographed with the TG-6 in microscope mode
Wolf Eel photographed with the TG-6
Sea urchin photographed by Allie Northey on her first ever dive with a camera!
Buffalo sculpin photographed with the Olympus TG-6. f/13, 1/50, ISO 400
Sea cucumber skin photographed with the Olympus TG-6 using supermacro autofocus in aperture priority mode - a new TG-6 feature! f/16, 1/80, ISO400
The eye of a buffalo sculpin photographed with the Olympus TG-6. f/18, 1/100. ISO 400
Sea pen photographed with the Olympus TG-6. f/16, 1/80, ISO 400
Sea star photographed with the TG-6 in microscope mode
Lions mane jellyfish photographed with the Olympus TG-6, wet wide angle lens. f/6.3, 1/160, ISO 400
Flatfish photographed in microscope mode with the TG-6