Sony 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 FE GM OSS Lens
The Sony 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 FE GM OSS lens is a versatile telephoto lens designed for Sony E-mount full-frame cameras. It is an excellent choice for photographers who value versatility but still need a lens to perform to the best of its abilities.
As you would expect, the Sony 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 produces unbeatable image quality with tack-sharp, corner to corner details consistent across its aperture and focal range. This is a real workhorse of a lens and one that should find its way into the kit bags of keen amateurs and professionals alike.
Lightning-fast autofocus speeds help you capture even the fastest moving action, and a wide focal range means you'll never miss a shot again, even if you aren't able to get as close to a subject as you'd like. But, if you do want to get up close and personal with a subject, this lens has a minimum focusing distance of just 3.22 ft. / 0.98m, impressive for a super-telephoto lens.
Sony 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Lens Features
- Weight - You might expect a lens of this size to be heavy and hard to handle but, for its size, the Sony 100-400mm is surprisingly manageable, weighing in at 6.71 lbs.
- Autofocus - Sony's lenses are well-known for their fast autofocusing speeds, and the Sony 100-400mm is no exception. Switching between AF and MF is as easy as flicking a switch on the side of the lens.
- Quality - Sony's G Master lenses are manufactured to a high standard and are renowned for their outstanding results. Images shot with the Sony 100-400mm are sharp across the frame from corner to corner, and the lens reproduces colors accurately.
- Aperture - A variable aperture of F4.5-5.6 is relatively fast and respectable for a telephoto lens such as this; it beats its 200-600mm cousin on this front.
- Optical Design - The 9-blade circular aperture provides a very pleasing high-quality bokeh. The Nano AR Coating reduces flare & ghosting and significantly improves image clarity and contrast while XA (Extreme Aspherical) elements and three fluorite elements help dramatically minimize and suppress chromatic aberration.
- Stabilization - OSS (Optical SteadyShot) helps photographers shoot handheld blur-free and sharp images. In combination with Sony's 5-axis in-body stabilization, a feature available in many of Sony's Alpha series of cameras, you can be confident of capturing the sharpest image possible.
- Buttons and Function Rings - You can customize the functionality of various buttons and function rings on the lens itself to dial in your workflow.
- Weather Resistant - The lens is weather-sealed, making it resistant to dust and moisture, vital when shooting landscapes, wildlife, or any other time your photography takes you outside.
- Lens Hood - Included is a round bayonet-type lens hood with a small access window that can be opened and closed to allow the user easy access to adjust a circular polarizing filter.
- Custom Zoom Torque Settings - A rarity that isn't often found on other lenses, the Sony 100-400mm enables you to customize the stiffness of the focus ring to allow for smoother or faster zooming.
- Sony 70-200mm F2.8 FE GM OSS Lens
- Sony 70-200mm F2.8 FE GM OSS II Lens
- Sony 200-600mm F5.6-6.3
- Sony 600mm F4 FE GM OSS Lens
- Focal Length: 100-400mm
- Max Aperture: F4.5-5.6
- Min Aperture: F32-40
- Mount: Sony E
- Field of View: 24°-6° 10'
- Max Magnificaiton: 0.35x
- Blades: 9 Diaphragm Blades
- Dimension: 3.75 x 8.125 in.
- Weight: 49.3oz