Aquatica Nikon Z6 II, Z7 II Underwater Housing
Aquatica has been well known to produce excellent aluminum underwater camera housings, and the Aquatica Nikon Z6 II, Z7 II Housing lives up to their reputation. The housing is small, compact and lightweight which makes it great to bring when going on dive trips. It is built from high-quality aluminum which makes it robust, durable and it's built to last a lifetime. The housing has fantastic ergonomics. All buttons, levers and dials are readily available at your fingertips and can be easily accessible even while wearing thick gloves.
The Sub Selector center press and AF-ON control’s ergonomic placement are easily accessible with your right thumb and allow you to lock exposure or focus and take pictures
The “+” and “ –“ buttons have been moved, for access using your left thumb, next to the playback button. This allows you to quickly zoom and check if the image is in focus.
All housing controls are spring loaded and self centering where needed. To install the camera to the housing all you need to do is mount the camera to the tray and simply slide it to the stainless steel guide rails.
To provide you the peace of mind and extra layer of protection, the Aquatica Nikon Z6 II, Z7 II housing comes with the Surveyor Vacuum System (valve and pump) is included as standard equipment
Details with regards to Housing layout options for flash triggering:
- AQ-20092-NK-VC: with double Nikonos bulkheads & complete Surveyor vacuum circuitry
- AQ-20092-KT-VC: with single Ikelite bulkhead & complete Surveyor vacuum circuitry
- AQ-20092-OPT-VC: with dual optical bulkheads, LED trigger & complete Surveyor vacuum circuitry
- Nikon Z mount 105mm 2.8G VR Macro: Great for small and shy subjects, giving you more working room than the 60mm and essential for super macro. This lens is sharper and faster focusing than the Nikon F mount 105mm macro.
- Nikon F mount 60mm 2.8G Macro w/ FTZ adapter: Great all around lens and especially great for blackwater diving
- Nikon F mount 105mm 2.8G VR Macro w/ FTZ adapter: Great for small and shy subjects, giving you more working room than the 60mm and essential for super macro
- Nauticam Super Macro Converter: the Nauticam super macro converter (SMC-1) is a wet diopter perfect for taking sharp super macro images. In fact, it is the strongest, sharpest diopter on the market. For the best super macro results, use it with the Nikon 105 mm 2.8G VR lens.
Wide Angle Fisheye
- Nikon F mount 8-15mm w/ FTZ adapter: Get creative with the full circular image, or zoom in for a more standard fisheye lens. Read the Nikon 8-15mm FX AF-S f/3.5-4.5E ED Zoom Fisheye Review by Mark B. Hatter.
- Nikon F mount 16mm 2.8 Fisheye w/ FTZ adapter: Also a great lens, and a popular choice for full-frame
Wide Angle Rectilinear
- Nikon Z mount 14-30mm f/4.0: Great for large animals and extremely sharp lens, but requires a larger dome to get sharp images
- Nikon F mount 16-35mm 4.0 w/ FTZ adapter: Great for large animals and extremely sharp lens, but requires a larger dome to get sharp images
- Nikon F mount 20mm 1.8G w/ FTZ adapter: Small, compact, sharp, doesn't need as big a dome as the 16-35 mm
Read our Full Nikon Z6 II, Z7 II Review to lean more about its features and why we love it for underwater photography.
Nikon Z 7II Sample Underwater Video & Review
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
Housing Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum with MIL-A-8625 extra tough powder coating
Controls Material: T304 Stainless Steel
Supported Mounts: Z-Mount, Z-Mount with FTZ Adapter
Depth Rating 90m Upgradeable to 130m
Weight: 2.88kg / 6.35 lbs
Dimension: 257mm x 158mm x 160mm (W x H x D) ~ 10.1” x 6.2” x 6.3”