Isotta Nikon Z7 II, Z6 II Underwater Housing
The Ferrari of the Sea
Isotta has been known to produce high quality aluminum underwater housings, and their Isotta Nikon Z7 II, Z6 II Underwater Housings lives up to their reputation. The housing is compact, lightweight, has excellent ergonomics and can take a beating. It also has a unique, yet very easy, way to open the housing with their single-hand locking system. In addition, the housing has a double o-ring seal design which ensures that your camera is safe and drastically decreases the chances of flooding.
The optional Optical Flash Trigger/TTL Flash Trigger can be installed on the housing, please choose from the options above. The flash triggers gives the signal to the strobes to fire using fiber optic cables. This is by far the most straight forward and ergonomic way of firing strobes.
Isotta housings do not come pre-installed with a vacuum system, however, using the bulkheads provided you can easily connect a third-party vacuum system such as the Vivid Leak Sentinel V5. Vacuum systems are highly recommended for all underwater housings, as they provide peace-of-mind that your housing will not leak during the dive.
Isotta Z7 II, Z6 II Housing Features:
Single-Handed Locking System
The housings can be easily opened and closed using Isotta's innovative single-hand locking system. The single latch closing mechanism is a unique design and is effortless to operate while maintains a secure seal with its double steel pins design at the bottom of the housing.
Double O-Ring Seal
The Isotta Nikon Z7 Underwater Housing utilizes the double o-ring seal design to ensure that the camera is always safe and dry inside the housing. It is always best to have a redundant o-ring on your seal to ensure that the housing is water-tight.
The included adjustable dual handle of the housing provides comfort when shooting. The ergonomically designed handles makes operating the camera easy and comfortable even when wearing gloves.
Ergonomic Button & Lever Placement
The location of the function buttons and control levers have been well placed and everything is readily available at your fingertips, which makes operation of the camera smooth and straight-forward. In addition, the function buttons have been laser-engraved so that the button labels are easily visible in darker conditions.
- Optional TTL Flash Converter - Isotta's TTL Converter Electronics for automatic flash control is optional and may be added to this housing. Strobes can be added to your camera setup via 2 standard fiber optic ports or with the optional Nikonos-Style Electrical Sync Bulkhead.
- Camera Installation - The Isotta Z7, Z6 II housing comes with a camera tray with locking mechanism. This makes it very straight-forward to install the camera in the housing and secures the camera perfectly in place.
- Construction - Isotta housings is made from high quality thermo-coated & anticorodal aluminum. This ensures that the housings are durable and allows maintenance of the housing to be simple and effortless.
Isotta Z7 Recommended Lenses:
- Nikon 60mm AF-S Macro
- Nikon 105mm AF-S VR
- Nikon 8-15mm fisheye lens. (Read our Nikon 8-15mm FX AF-S f/3.5-4.5E ED Zoom Fisheye Review)
- Nikon AF-S 16-35mm F4 Lens
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- Sea & Sea YS-D2J (Japanese Version)
- iTorch Symbiosis Pro Strobe with Video Light SS-2 (4,000 Lumens Video Light)
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light - Bluewater Exclusive!
- Kraken Sports 3500S+ Video Light
- Kraken Sports 5000S+ Video Light
- Kraken Sports Solar Flare Mini 8000 Lumen Video Light
- Light & Motion Sola Pro 12000 Video Light
- Light & Motion Sola Pro 15000 Video Light
For more options, read our best underwater video lights recommendations.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Nikon Z7, Z6 Housings
- Isotta Housings
- Underwater Video Lights Guide
- Best Underwater Strobes
- Underwater Photo Gear
Z7 II Camera Review
Sample Underwater Photo Taken with the Z7:
A friendly manta ray photographed with the Nikon Z7II in an Ikelite housing. The nice exposure on the belly could not have been possible with the Ikelite to Nikon TTL converter and the Ikelite DS 161 strobes. f/13, 1/160, ISO 500
Whale shark photographed with the Nikon Z7II and the Nikon 8-15mm wide angle lens. 1/125, f/13, ISO 640
Nikon Z 7II Sample Underwater Video & Review
Email us at email@example.com or call (310) 633-5052 with any questions.
- Material: Red anodized aluminum body
- M16 hole for installation of accessories (3)
- Double o-ring seal
- Moisture alarm with LED monitoring light and audible warning signal
- Removable 120mm port bayonet
- M8 located on top of the housing for accessories
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 2.1kg with handles
- Dimension: 200 x 117 x 173 cm (L W H)
- Isotta Nikon Z7 II, Z6 II Housing;
- Front lip
- Spare O-Ring kit
- Silicone Grease 15gr / 0,5 oz
- 2 years manufacturer warranty