USED: Ikelite GH5 Underwater Housing
Condition: Like New
Ikelite has designed an underwater housing for the Panasonic GH5 and GH5S cameras. It is lightweight and best suited for diving, surfing and pool use. It uses the new Dry Lock Port System which gives added security and can accomodate large diameter lenses. The housing also provides access to all important functions of the camera. It also includes Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for electrical triggering of strobes and an optional TTL circuitry for automatic exposure.
The housing comes with the included Ikelite Vacuum Valve (vacuum pump not included), this enables you to test ypur camera system prior to entering the water. In addition, the housing comes with an aluminum tray with quick release handle which provides stability and mounting for your lighting.
GH5 Camera Review
Learn more about the GH5 features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Panasonic GH5 review.
Lens Recommendations for Underwater:
- Olympus 60mm Macro - fast focusing and stunning macro
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - perfect wide angle option for reefs, wrecks, and close focus wide angle
- Panasonic 7-14mm Wide Angle - Awesome for pelagics, sharks, and landscape photos. Wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view and zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 45mm Macro- High quality macro lens
- Olympus 9-18mm Wide Angle - great for pelagics, and wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view. Zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 12-35mm - great mid range wide lens for video, fast F2.8 min aperture.
- Olympus 12-50mm - a good mid-range zoom option. Offers built in macro mode that is compatible with the Nauticam housing
Ikelite Ports for GH5, GH5S Recommended Lenses:
- Panasonic 7-14mm: 8" Dome Port and Zoom Gear
- Olympus 7-14mm PRO compatibility, TBD
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye: 8" Dome Port
- (Note - This will vignette. You can remove the dome shade to lessen the vigentte)
- Olympus 8mm PRO compatibility, TBD
- Panasonic 12-35mm: 8" Dome Port with 28mm Extension and Zoom Gear
- Panasonic 45mm Macro: Dry Lock Flat Port, includes 67mm threads to add macro diopters.
- Olympus 60mm Macro compatibility TBD
Ikelite Housing Features:
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Perfect for any wet environment including surf, dive, and pool use
- Supremely functional for maximum creative control—access is provided for all important camera functions
- The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob; Zoom is accessible for many lenses using our unique universal zoom gear system
- Vacuum valve included; Test your system after assembly prior to entering the water; Pump sold separately
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL circuitry provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off
- Quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access
- One spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle; Right-hand handle sold separately
- Signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel
- ABS-PC and Lexan construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 1 year limited warranty
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Ikelite Housings, Ports and Strobes
- Panasonic GH5 Housing
- Professional Underwater Video Lights
- Underwater Photo Gear
- Underwater Camera Rental