Nauticam Canon EOS R5 Underwater Housing
The Nauticam Canon EOS R5 underwater housing is a top underwater housing for the Canon R5 full-frame mirrorless camera. Nauticam is constantly rethinking their underwater housing designs to create the absolute best user experience when shooting underwater, and the Nauticam NA-EOSR5 housing is no exception. Their housings are crafted from high quality aluminum with controls and dials designed for great ergonomics. The housing is depth rated to 100m, and maintains a fairly small footprint - making it great for traveling. All buttons are clearly labeled, making it easy to find your controls underwater. The housing includes two fiber optic ports and a leak sensor. The leak detection sensor ensures that you know at a moments notice if your housing has any issues at depth. The rotating housing latch is secure yet easy to use.
RF and EF Mount Support
The Canon EOS R5 works seamlessly with both EF and RF mount lenses. Our Nauticam housing makes sure you can use both types of lens to your hearts desire! The housing supports both RF and EF Mount Adapters which can be installed on the camera before putting it inside the housing. Existing Nauticam DSLR housing owners can easily share lens port accessories with the new NA-R housing.
Intelligent Control Placement
Nauticam engineers make it their goal for every camera control to be just a finger away from your hand. With this housing, pressing the shutter is as easy as doing it on land. Nauticam has built a dual lever on the back of the housing for back button autofocus and recording control. The upper thumb lever activates the "AF-On" and the lower the "Info" buttons while the sub-lever corresponds to the "M-Fn" and "Record" buttons. Near the left handle is a thumb lever for "Playback" as well as a dedicated switch to change from using LCD to the EVF - a clear benefit from using a Sony housing!
Large and rubberized control dials access the camera's "main" and "sub" command dials. The two-stage trigger allows for smooth focus and firing activation. Additional buttons for "Menu" and "Focus Point Selection" are also easily reached from the handles
The housing can accomodate the optional Flash Trigger or TTL Converter that will utilize the built-in fiber optic bulkheads. For controlling strobes that do not support fiber optic flash triggering, a variety of legacy hot-shoe flash control bulkheads are available.
Patented Port Locking System
The housing features Nauticam's signature port locking system. Ports can be easily installed and securely locked in place. It's just the press of a button and the turn of a lever! The NA-R5 will support both RF and EF mount lenses through the N120 Port System.
Housing Locking Latches
Closing the back of this housing is safe, secure, easy, and requires very little strength to operate. The latches are safely locked to prevent accidental opening, but are easy to open when you need to make a quick battery or memory card change.
HDMI Output Support
The EOS R5 is a top video camera that can support 8K RAW recording. That's a lot of processing power and storage space. We recommend using an external monitor or recorder which can help you visualize your scene and store even more footage or keep it redundant. An external monitor or recorder can be used with the M16 HDMI bulkhead and HDMI (D-C) cable in 190mm length which come standard in any Nauticam monitor housing package.
Stainless Steel Handle Brackets
Stiffening handle brackets are included with the housing. These brackets eliminate any flex or wobble when using big strobes, and provide multiple attachment points for lanyards or other accessories.
Premium Professional Optics
The NA-EOS-R5 is designed around the N120 Port System and when used with supported lenses allows for the use of a variety of Nauticam water contact optics such as the WACP-2, as well as the SMC-1 and SMC-2 super macro converters.
- Nauticam NA-EOS-R5 Housing
- Spare housing o-ring with lubricant and removal tool
- Leak Detect electronics
- CR2032 Battery (for Vacuum System)
- Padded Travel Case
- Allen wrench set
- Gear for Canon EOS R Control Ring Mount Adapter
- Nauticam 180 Straight Viewfinder
- Nauticam 45 Viewfinder
- Flash Trigger for Canon
- TTL Flash trigger for Canon
- Super macro convertor 1(2.3x Magnification)
- Super macro convertor 2 (4x Magnification)
- Wide Angle Conversion Port with Aluminum Float Collar
- Standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- HDMI (D-C) cable in 190mm length (Standard Accessories for Nauticam Monitor Housings)
- Underwater Strobe Buyer's Guide
- Best Canon lenses (Full-Frame)
- New 45 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Digic X processor
- Canon's first 5 axis In-Body Image-Stabilization (IBIS) which works in conjunction with optical IS RF and EF lenses. Up to 8 stops of correction
- Improved Dual Pixel II Autofocus
- 5,940 AF points
- 100% of the sensor has AF coverage!
- ISO 100 - 51,200
- Animal eye AF detection (for birds, cats, and dogs) - we'll see if it works for fish!
- 12fps burst shooting with mechanical shutter
- 20 fps burst shooting with silent (electronic shutter)
- 180 shot RAW image buffer
- Dual card slots - 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II
- 8K video @ 30p, 10- bit 4:2:2 - using the full width of the sensor!
- Internal RAW and C-Log recording
- 4K oversampled video up to 120p, 10-bit 4:2:2
- 5.69 million dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Dimensions: 135.8 X 97.5 X 88mm
- Weight: 738 grams (with card and battery)
Canon EOS R5 Underwater Photo and Video Review
Canon EOS R5 Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Canon EOS R5 Camera Review.
Sample Underwater Images with the Canon EOS R5:
Spectacular resolution with the Canon EOS R5. Photo of a mosshead warbonnet captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, Kraken +13 diopter, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/16, 1/160, ISO 100
Photo of a yawning sculpin with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/8, 1/160, ISO 160
A moon jelly under the sun captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/22, 1/160, ISO 100
Wolf Eel captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/13, 1/60, ISO 500
Kelp Forest captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/25, 1/6.3, ISO 250