Aquatica Canon EOS R5 Underwater Housing
Comes with Surveyor Vacuum System (Sensor, Valve & Pump)
Aquatica is the maker of our most rugged anodized aluminum underwater camera housings. The Aquatica Canon EOS R5 Housing has been specially designed to withstand the harshest dive conditions - from crushing surf entries to ripping currents. The housing is small and each control is elegantly oriented so that you can utilize any control within a finger's reach of the handles. The Aquatica EOS R5 compact and lightweight which makes it great to bring when going on dive trips. The main body is built from high-quality aluminum and the control shafts and buttons are made of the finest grade stainless steel which makes it robust, durable and it's built to last a lifetime. All buttons, levers and dials are readily available at your fingertips and can be easily accessible even while wearing thick gloves.
This housing is designed to dive deep....very deep, with a standard depth rating of 300ft/90m. A deep spring kit is also available to increase the depth rating to 130m (425ft).
Aquatica Canon EOS R5 Recommended Lenses:
- Canon 8-15mm fisheye for exceptional wide-angle
- Canon 16-35mm II wide-angle lens for general wide-angle, sharks
- Canon 17-40mm in a compact wide flat port for pool / commercial shoots
- Canon 11-24mm - for exceptional wide-angle quality
- Canon 100mm macro lens for fish, macro and supermacro
- Aquatica O-ring Kit - its always essential to have a spare o-ring when going on dive trips.
- Aquatica Aqua View 45 degree Viewfinder
- Aquatica Aqua View 180 degree Viewfinder
- New 45 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Digic X processor
- Canon's first 5 axis In-Body Image-Stabilization (IBIS) which works in conjunction with optical IS RF and EF lenses. Up to 8 stops of correction
- Improved Dual Pixel II Autofocus
- 5,940 AF points
- 100% of the sensor has AF coverage!
- ISO 100 - 51,200
- Animal eye AF detection (for birds, cats, and dogs) - we'll see if it works for fish!
- 12fps burst shooting with mechanical shutter
- 20 fps burst shooting with silent (electronic shutter)
- 180 shot RAW image buffer
- Dual card slots - 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II
- 8K video @ 30p, 10- bit 4:2:2 - using the full width of the sensor!
- Internal RAW and C-Log recording
- 4K oversampled video up to 120p, 10-bit 4:2:2
- 5.69 million dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Dimensions: 135.8 X 97.5 X 88mm
- Weight: 738 grams (with card and battery)
Canon EOS R5 Underwater Photo and Video Review
Canon EOS R5 Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Canon EOS R5 Camera Review.
Sample Underwater Images with the Canon EOS R5
Spectacular resolution with the Canon EOS R5. Photo of a mosshead warbonnet captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, Kraken +13 diopter, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/16, 1/160, ISO 100
Photo of a yawning sculpin with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/8, 1/160, ISO 160
A moon jelly under the sun captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/22, 1/160, ISO 100
Wolf Eel captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/13, 1/60, ISO 500
Kelp Forest captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/25, 1/6.3, ISO 250