Isotta Canon EOS R5 Underwater Housing
The Ferrari of the Sea
The staff at Bluewater just can't get enough of Isotta's anodized aluminum underwater housings. Holding the Isotta Canon EOS R5 housing is like driving an intricate yet elegant luxury vehicle - complete with the opulent red finish. This housing is crafted from a light-weight anodized aluminum designed for the precise innerworkings of the EOS R5. You won't find a housing on the market with a tighter fit to the camera. If a camera could have a glove, it would be an Isotta.
The housing is compact and lightweight, with precise ergonomics and ruggedness for any dive conditions. The Isotta EOS R5 Housing features a unique, yet very easy, way to open the housing with a single-hand locking system. In addition, the housing has a double o-ring seal design which ensures that your camera is safe and drastically decreases the chances of flooding.
Single-Hand Locking System
The housings can be easily opened and closed using Isotta's innovative single-hand locking system. The single latch closing mechanism is a unique design and is effortless to operate while maintains a secure seal with its double steel pins design at the bottom of the housing.
Double O-Ring Seal
The Isotta Canon EOS R5 Underwater Housing utilizes the double o-ring seal design to ensure that the camera is always safe and dry inside the housing. It is always best to have a redundant o-ring on your seal to ensure that the housing is water-tight.
The included adjustable dual handle of the housing provides comfort when shooting. The ergonomically designed handles makes operating the camera easy and comfortable even when wearing gloves.
Ergonomic Button & Lever Placement
The location of the function buttons and control levers have been well planned and everything is readily available at your fingertips, which makes operation of the camera smooth and straight-forward. In addition, the function buttons have been laser-engraved so that the button labels are easily visible in darker conditions.
- Camera Installation - The Isotta EOS R5 housing comes with a camera tray with locking mechanism. This makes it very straight-forward to install the camera in the housing and secures the camera perfectly in place.
- Construction - Isotta housings is made from high quality thermo-coated & anticorodal aluminum. This ensures that the housings are durable and allows maintenance of the housing to be simple and effortless.
Isotta EOS R5 - Recommended Lenses:
- Canon 8-15mm fisheye for exceptional wide-angle
- Canon 16-35mm II wide-angle lens for general wide-angle, sharks
- Canon 17-40mm in a compact wide flat port for pool / commercial shoots
- Canon 11-24mm - for exceptional wide-angle quality
- Canon 60mm Macro Lens
- Canon 100mm macro lens
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light - Bluewater Exclusive!
- Kraken Sports 5000S+ Video Light
- Kraken Sports Solar Flare Mini 8000 Lumen Video Light
- Light & Motion Sola Pro 12000 Video Light
For more options, read our best underwater video lights recommendations.
- New 45 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Digic X processor
- Canon's first 5 axis In-Body Image-Stabilization (IBIS) which works in conjunction with optical IS RF and EF lenses. Up to 8 stops of correction
- Improved Dual Pixel II Autofocus
- 5,940 AF points
- 100% of the sensor has AF coverage!
- ISO 100 - 51,200
- Animal eye AF detection (for birds, cats, and dogs) - we'll see if it works for fish!
- 12fps burst shooting with mechanical shutter
- 20 fps burst shooting with silent (electronic shutter)
- 180 shot RAW image buffer
- Dual card slots - 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II
- 8K video @ 30p, 10- bit 4:2:2 - using the full width of the sensor!
- Internal RAW and C-Log recording
- 4K oversampled video up to 120p, 10-bit 4:2:2
- 5.69 million dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Dimensions: 135.8 X 97.5 X 88mm
- Weight: 738 grams (with card and battery)
Canon EOS R5 Underwater Photo and Video Review
Canon EOS R5 Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Canon EOS R5 Camera Review.
Sample Underwater Images with the Canon EOS R5
Spectacular resolution with the Canon EOS R5. Photo of a mosshead warbonnet captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, Kraken +13 diopter, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/16, 1/160, ISO 100
Photo of a yawning sculpin with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite housing, Canon 100 mm macro lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/8, 1/160, ISO 160
A moon jelly under the sun captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/22, 1/160, ISO 100
Wolf Eel captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/13, 1/60, ISO 500
Kelp Forest captured with the Canon EOS R5 in an Ikelite EOS R5 housing, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, and Ikelite Canon TTL converter. f/25, 1/6.3, ISO 250