Ikelite Nikon D850 Underwater Housing
The Ikelite tradition of quality, inexpensive underwater housings continues with the D850 housing. Designed to offer easy control, full use of important camera controls and a wide range of ports, this housing is ideal for anyone looking to shoot with the Nikon D850 underwater. Over 1/2 pound lighter than older Ikelite housings, and much lighter than other aluminum D850 housings, the Ikelite housing features a clear, see-thru backplate which allows you to confirm the o-ring seal and check control alignment with ease.
D850 Camera Review
Learn more about the D850 features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Nikon D850 review.
Ikelite D850 Housing Features:
DryLock Port System
This is the new port system from Ikelite which replaced their old Four-Lock Port System. The DryLock Port System is lighter and more adaptable, and can accommodate extremely large diameter lenses with ease
he housing comes with the vacuum valve already! This allows the user to have peace of mind while diving and not worry that the rig might be leaking. Ikelite Vacuum Pump with Gauge is required.
The housing supports manual or adding a TTL converter to cater to your shooting needs. The flash bulkhead has been moved to the top of the case for improved cord routing and reduced strain.
Controls & Setup
Ikelite has updated their levers and buttons to provide a more natural feeling. The buttons have been redesigned to make it lighter and reduce salt build up. The camera mount is now front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards.
* Fiber optic only strobes are not applicable. An electronic sync cord is required in order to fire the strobes
Ikelite D850 Recommended Lenses:
- Nikon 60mm AF-S Macro
- Nikon 105mm AF-S VR
- Nikon 8-15mm fisheye lens. Read our Nikon 8-15mm FX AF-S f/3.5-4.5E ED Zoom Fisheye Review
- Nikon AF-S 16-35mm F4 Lens
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 Fisheye Lens
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye Lens
Please refer to the Ikelite Port Chart
- Ikelite 45 Degree Magnified Viewfinder
- Ikelite Straight, 180 Degree, Magnified Viewfinder
- Ikelite Vacuum Pump with Gauge
- Sea & Sea YS-D2J (Japanese Version)
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis Pro Strobe with Video Light SS-2 (4,000 Lumens Video Light)
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Nikon D850 Underwater Housings
- Ikelite Products
- Underwater Strobes
- Recommended Professional Underwater Video Lights
- Underwater Photography Equipment
Sample Underwater Photo Taken with the D850:
Email us at email@example.com or call (310) 633-5052 with any questions.