Ikelite Panasonic GH6 Underwater Housing
Ikelite has designed an underwater housing for the Panasonic GH6 cameras. It is lightweight and best suited for diving, surfing and pool use. It uses the new Dry Lock Port System which gives added security and can accomodate large diameter lenses. The housing also provides access to all important functions of the camera.
- Port System - The housing utilizes Ikelite Dry Lock Port System. This system refers to the placement of the oring outside of the port mount which improves visibility. It is also lightweight yet durable and can take a beating.
- Vacuum Testing - The housing comes with the vacuum valve. The optional Vacuum Pump with Gauge allows you to draw out air from the housing and check for leaks prior to diving. This provides you the peace of mind that your camera is safe inside.
- Accessory Bulkhead - A M16 bulkhead provides attachment for third party accessories. This can also be customized to add a M24 bulkhead as attachment for monitors.
- TTL Exposure - The Ikelite Panasonic GH6 Housing supports the Ikelite DL3 DS Link Panasonic, Olympus TTL Converter with Ikelite PT1 Hotshoe Kit annd is compatible with the DS Strobes.
- Ergonomics - The housing has excellent ergonomics, all buttons, dials and levers are readily available at your fingertips. The shutter an autocus (via AF/EF Lock Button) which allows you to shoot with or without back button focus, an advanced technique that is useful for tack sharp focus of super macro and fast moving subjects. The optional Trigger Extension extends the lever for more comfort when shooting
- Viewfinder - The included SuperEye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's electronic viewfinder. Other viewfinders are also compatible such as the Straight Magnified Viewfinder and 45° Magnified Viewfinder
- Strobe Triggering - Strobes can only be fired via electronic sync cord
Lens Recommendations for Underwater:
- Olympus 60mm Macro - fast focusing and stunning macro
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - perfect wide angle option for reefs, wrecks, and close focus wide angle
- Panasonic 7-14mm Wide Angle - Awesome for pelagics, sharks, and landscape photos. Wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view and zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 45mm Macro- High quality macro lens
- Olympus 9-18mm Wide Angle - great for pelagics, and wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view. Zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 12-35mm - great mid range wide lens for video, fast F2.8 min aperture.
- Olympus 12-50mm - a good mid-range zoom option. Offers built in macro mode that is compatible with the Nauticam housing
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Ikelite Housings, Ports and Strobes
- Professional Underwater Video Lights
- Underwater Photo Gear
- Underwater Camera Rental
Panasonic GH6 Underwater Review
Panasonic GH6 Underwater Sample Image
- Depth Rating: 200ft (60m)
- Port System: Dry Lock Port System
- Controls are provided for all important camera functions; Controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Control, Rear Control Dial, or Mode Dial Lock. Mode Dial must be un-locked prior to installation for use underwater
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Housing Weight: 4.67 lb (2121 g)
- Housing Dimension: 9 x 7.25 x 6" (229 x 184 x 152 mm)
- Vacuum valve included
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes
- Bulkhead: M16 accessory port with option to add M24 large bore accessory port
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Ikelite Panasonic GH6 Housing
- Rear O-ring # 0132.59
- Front O-ring # 0132.45
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900
- Port Hole Cover
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer
- .050" Hex Key
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube