Panasonic GH5S Camera
Panasonic has built over their excellent GH5, and came up with the new GH5S. The camera is optimized for video shooting and low-light perfromance. It is packed with great features such as 10.28MP, 4k cinematic video, 6K and 4K photo, advanced image stabilizer, 225 Autofocus areas and alot more.
The camera comes with VLog preinstalled whereas for the GH5, it is a $199 add-on. The camera has also removed the image stabilization feature making it a more pure cinema camera. On the outside it's the same as the GH5 except for a larger red record button and a red accent on the shot select. The GH5s is also far better in low light settings than the GH5, boasting If video is what you're after, in a compact size, look no further. The GH5s is the on the go videographer's choice.
Interested in taking the Panasonic GH5S underwater? Be sure to check out our housing guide for the Panasonic GH5s!
Panasonic GH5S Key Features:
- 10.2MP high-sensitivity MOS sensor with multi-aspect
- Dual native ISO with a range from 160 – 51,200 and extendable to 80 – 204,800.
- 4K DCI or UHD video recording, up to 60p
- V-Log L Gamma and HDR Hybrid Log Gamma
- Impressive low-light performance
- High speed focusing and 14-bit RAW Burst
- Slow Motion Video - C4K/4K (60-fps maximum 2.5x slower*) or Full HD (240-fps maximum 10x slower)
- 225-area Advanced Depth-From-Defocus AF system
- 12 fps with single-shot autofocus or up to 8 fps with continuous autofocus
- Advanced DFD autofocus
- Dual UHS II card slots (V60 ready)
- 3.2" RGBW free-angle touchscreen LCD
- 3,680k-dot, OLED viewfinder
- Splash, dust, freeze proof design
- 5GHz Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth
Panasonic GH5S Housing Recommendations:
- Nauticam GH5, GH5S Underwater Housing
- Ikelite GH5, GH5S Underwater Housing
- Aquatica GH5 Underwater Housing
- Isotta GH5 Underwater Housing
Lens Recommendations for Underwater:
- Olympus 60mm Macro - fast focusing and stunning macro
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - perfect wide angle option for reefs, wrecks, and close focus wide angle
- Panasonic 7-14mm Wide Angle - Awesome for pelagics, sharks, and landscape photos. Wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view and zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 45mm Macro- High quality macro lens
- Olympus 9-18mm Wide Angle - great for pelagics, and wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view. Zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Olympus 12-50mm - a good mid-range zoom option. Offers built in macro mode that is compatible with the Nauticam housing
Triple Your Warranty For Free!!!
Panasonic is offering to triple your warranty for free when you purchase the Panasonic GH5S Camera from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020
Related Underwater Gear Categories: