Panasonic GH5 Camera
Panasonic has released their new GH5 mirrorless camera this late March 2017. The camera is packed with great features such as 20.3MP, 4k cinematic video, 6K and 4K photo, advanced image stabilizer, 225 Autofocus areas and alot more. Panasonic has also offered an option to have a kit lens (12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 ASPH Leica DG Vario-Elmarit lens). This is an awesome choice for both photo and video needs.
Interested in buying an underwater housing for the Panasonic GH5? Be sure to check out our guide to underwater housings for the Panasonic GH5!
Read our complete Panasonic GH5 Camera Review.
GH5 Key Features:
- 20MP Four Thirds sensor (no OLPF)
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization system with 'Dual IS 2' support
- All 4K footage taken using full width of sensor (oversampled from 5.1K footage)
- Internal 4K/30p 10-bit 4:2:2 video capture
- 4K/59.94p and 50p shooting with 10-bit 4:2:2 output or 8-bit, 4:2:0 internal recording
- 1080 video at up to 180p, enabling 7.5x slow-motion
- 225-area Advanced Depth-From-Defocus AF system
- 4K and 6K Photo
- 9 fps shooting with continuous autofocus
- Advanced DFD autofocus
- Dual UHS II card slots (V60 ready)
- Autofocus point joystick
- 5GHz Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth
- Pre-configurable rack focus mode
- Waveform and vectorscope monitors
- 3.2" RGBW free-angle touchscreen LCD
Panasonic 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 ASPH Leica DG Vario-Elmarit Lens Features:
- Provides a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range.
- Composed of four aspherical elements with two extra-low dispersion elements for mimimizing chromatic and spherical aberrations and various distortions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm to produce great bokeh results
- Linear autofocus motor for fast and accurate autofocus
- Power Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes and reduce camera shake
- Splash, dust, and freeze resistant
Panasonic GH5 Housing Recommendations:
- Nauticam GH5 Housing
- Ikelite GH5 Housing
- Aquatica GH5 Underwater Housing
- Isotta GH5 Underwater Housing
Lens Recommendations for Underwater:
- Olympus 60mm Macro - fast focusing and stunning macro
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - perfect wide angle option for reefs, wrecks, and close focus wide angle
- Panasonic 7-14mm Wide Angle - Awesome for pelagics, sharks, and landscape photos. Wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view and zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 45mm Macro- High quality macro lens
- Olympus 9-18mm Wide Angle - great for pelagics, and wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view. Zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Olympus 12-50mm - a good mid-range zoom option. Offers built in macro mode that is compatible with the Nauticam housing