Aquatica Nikon D850 Underwater Housing
After the long wait, the succesor of the D810 has been released! The Aquatica housing is lightweight, 12% lighter than its predecessors D800 and D810 housings but still has the same standard 90m/300ft depth rating and can still be upgraded to 130m/425ft. Controls have great ergonomic design placing the vital controls where they are most needed, right at your finger tips.
Aquatica D850 Housing Features:
New Self-Aligning Controls
One of the design improvements that Aquatica did to the housing is the new Self-Aligning Controls. The lens release, auto-focus mode and FN1 button were moved to the camera saddle allowing the user to slide in the camera without pulling any levers. Aside from that, the on/off lever and live view selector are now spring loaded.
The housing was designed to have the following controls right at your finger tips.
- Front dial wheel & Rear dial wheel
- ISO - You can change the ISO without taking your finger off the trigger.
- AF-On - allows all users, even those with smaller hands to simultaneously activate the AF-On and the shutter. This new lever has now been positioned ½ an inch lower and 1 ¼ inch to the front, as compared to previous models.
- Exposure compensation
- Live View
Surveyor Monitoring System
The Aquatica AD850 housing comes standard with a Surveyor monitoring sensor. This sensor acts as a moisture alarm and with the addition of a vacuum extracting valve an pump, be used for constantly monitoring the seal integrity of the housing, adding another level of safety and peace of mind.
Flash Triggering Options
- #20084-OPT Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 with Dual Optical connectors
- #20084-NK Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 with Dual Nikonos connectors
- #20084-IKE Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 One Ikelite connector
Other Features of the Aquatica D850 Housing:
- Eight (8) threaded standard 1/4''-20 holes, one located on top, three on the bottom and four on the grips, to mount strobe arms, brackets, tripods and a wide range of accessories.
- Two (2) entry point for accessories such as HDMI monitors, remote control or vacuum monitoring systems.
- Secure port locking system and easy access lens release button.
- All controls remain accessible in all dive conditions, either cold or warm, gloves or not.
- Quick and simple installation of enhanced viewfinders; no special tools required.
- Well established and proven system of ports, extensions and accessories to meet your personal lens preferences
- Dimensions: (with grips attached) W 255mm x H 180 mm x D 145mm / W 10.1” x H 7” x D 5.7”
- Dimensions: (without grips) 360mm/14.15''
- Nikon 60mm AF-S Macro
- Nikon 105mm AF-S VR
- Nikon AF-S 10-24mm Lens
- Nikon AF-S 16-35mm F4 Lens
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 Fisheye Lens
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye Lens
- Aquatica Aqua View 45 Degree Viewfinder
- Aquatica Aqua View 180 Degree Viewfinder
- Aquatica Vacuum Valve and Pump
- Sea & Sea YS-D2J Strobe
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis Pro Strobe with Video Light SS-2 (4,000 Lumens Video Light)
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Nikon D850 Underwater Housings
- Aquatica Products
- Recommended Strobes
- Underwater Video Lights Guide
- Underwater Photography Equipment
D850 Camera Review
Learn more about the D850 features and why we love it for underwater photography in our D850 review.
Sample Underwater Photo Taken with the D850:
Email us at email@example.com or call (310) 633-5052 with any questions.